PDA

View Full Version : Any Marylanders read this!

300exr
08-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Well my neighbor informed me that there is a new law for Carroll County MD that will limit the legal noise output for ATV's to 65 dbls, 65 dbls, I could fart louder than that! I hate when stupid stuff/ laws are passed like this, i just cant believe it. Also i have a HMF slip on for my 300 and that thing roars, so basically Im screwed,. And get this, first time offenses will result in a supposedely minimum fine of 250 dollars. Man i am PISSED:mad: this is rediculous, all the stupid yuppies that buy up farm land, develop it, then b*tch about people riding, ridiculous.

ridered11
08-03-2005, 08:52 AM
dude that sucks, i am in anne arundle county. we have noise crap like that too but it doesn't go into effect untill it gets dark, i would look into the law some more and find out if it is like that, the lady might just be trying to scare you. i've had the cops called on my about 20 times for my fourwheeler, and all they did was say give it a break for a little. i've even had some dick wad neighboor come up to me while i was riding and tell me i was riding on some protected enviornment thing, and that i could be fined 1500 dollars

it's all bs man but like i said do some research, hope all goes well

peace

chucked
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
U know in b'more county theres a thing where your car stereo cant be more then 50 db at 50 feet. Well i borrowed a sound lever meter from work and tried to see how loud it actually was with my truck. I couldnt ever get it to go lower then 60 or so decibels, even with it turned off. The truck idles that loud, and thats with all stock exhaust.

chucked
08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
btw, I think your neighbor is messing with you

08-03-2005, 10:55 AM
a normal conversation is 64 decibles,thats rediculous. Did anyone hear that Jermey McGrath can't ride around his house anymore because the neighbors complained?

diangelo#67
08-03-2005, 12:18 PM
this is true, however it is 65 db @300' so you can still ride just have to tell your bike to wisper...j/k this is a bs law that is for exacatly what you said"YUPPIES"

400exstud
08-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't live by you guys but that is bogus because there is no such thing as 0 db. I think perfectly quiet is like 40db or something like that.

The DNR is cracking down more and more hear about the 96db law so whenever I see them I start to grit my teeth.

08-03-2005, 04:13 PM
if that law was ever put in place for boats.. shew.. 90% of ALL the boats in this area would be pulled over and stopped for noise violations.. most boats have a open, through hull exhuast, weiather its a performance boat or a cabin cruiser..

when that happens, ill move to another state.

Jesse

LiveToRide1930
08-03-2005, 06:01 PM
If maryland keeps complaning about noise levels,atvs on the streets,and riding in a illegal areas.Then why dont some of the countys take the useless money they waste on other ****t and build a couple ****inn tracks for us or atv parks or something and 75%of their problems will be solved but since their dumb like that i dont see anything happening in the future so what sha'll we do????:mad:

300exr
08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
read this http://carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2005/07/27/news/local_news/news2-45.txt

LiveToRide1930
08-03-2005, 09:22 PM
ahh thats really gayy,the cops have to worry some ppl just trying to have funn and enjoying the outdoors.We need to stop murders and drug dealing b4 we can even get to the 4wheelers and the loudest of them,anyway 300 exr do u have a aol screenname?????

Quad Dude
08-03-2005, 09:36 PM
i have also been have problems with the DNR in my area and the first time i was pulled over i got a 181 dollar ticket for crossing the road. but since then i have found an almost full prof way of getting out of any stupid gay ticket they can come up with. my theroy is...

CATCH ME IF U CAN

Quads handle and accelerate way better than most any truck they will be driving. plus the off road factor is a bonus.

this theory has been proven by me and almost all of my friends

300exr
08-03-2005, 10:35 PM
lol, "catch me if u can" unless u ride a 300ex, LiveToRide1930 ive got a sn but im not on to much, to make a long story short i got in a fist fight and knocked the crap outa some punk and my parents punished me by takin away AIM, which is the most pointless thing theyve ever done, but n e way that whole law thing is retarted, and i sure as hell wont pay a $250 fine for just riding
:rolleyes: