PDA

View Full Version : Jetting with a Z450?? HELP!!

raptor_02
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
One of my buddies has a kfx400 with the yosh. 450 kit on it. He has a full yoshi pipe, uni filter, and a eldebrock carb. But for some reason his quad is getting smoked by a stock 450r. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

440bigborekit
08-08-2005, 03:06 PM
wat kinda racing is he doing against the 450

Hill_364
10-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I will tell ya right now if he dosent have a dyno fs ignition system that is the problem i also have the yoshi kit ya also need to run a k@n with a pre filter and a prefilter air box lid these things will help out alot.:)

rrguy
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Well if the riders are equal, I would say its probaly the jetting, or in this case the wrong a/f mixture. There are several different setups you can have with the yoshi kit. Is it a complete kit with cams etc??? I am sure the UNI filter is fine. I run both a UNI & A K&N with no noticible difference. I also have a dyna f/s switching between the different curves also makes little difference. A higher rev box with a slightly more advanced curve will help some.

Some people love the edelbrock, but I could never get it to perform great on top & still run right in the low rpms. Its a good carb, but I had the best luck with the fcr.