PDA

View Full Version : Ready Racing Comp Flow Oil Filter

Mikesamillion
08-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I just bought one of these for my new 450R. Anyone else using them? I bought the one for the CRF cause it comes with a new filter cap (and its the only one they had). Now I know the filters are the same for the TRX and the CRF but I keep hearing conflicting things if the filter cap with work or not. Any ideas? Here is a pic of what I am talkin bout if no one knows....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-16903103966922_1857_608617

08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
what is so good about this oil filter? it sure does look fancy :eek2:

Mikesamillion
08-02-2005, 08:34 PM
its reusable. one time of 50 bucks seemed alot better than a life time of 7-8 bucks.

08-03-2005, 12:07 AM
i'm sketchy with reusable oil filters...thats a item i'd rather just change completely out when I do an oil change and know it was done right

Moto92
08-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah you can buy filters in bulk for $3 each. I wouldnt waste my time trying to clean that thing.

Xowner
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Yeah you can buy filters in bulk for $3 each. I wouldnt waste my time trying to clean that thing.

Were?

Moto92
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Xowner
Were?

Magic racing....2.95 each. I run these and they are just as good as any jacked up honda filter youd buy from a dealer.
http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=1330&catid=348

08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
i get the same ones off ebay

Extreem
08-03-2005, 12:21 PM
As far as the cover working, take off your stock one and compare where the machined holes are to see if it's the same.

If you decide not to use it I'll give you 20 bucks for it

Extreem

Mikesamillion
08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
well i really dont see it being much harder than just cleaning an air filter. and i would say its just as critical. so i dont know what the big deal is. i ride mostly sand and change my oil alot. ill let ya know if it fits or not Extreem. Its only 10 bucks more for the filter cap but i dont know if you can buy it alone. i used scotts billet oil filter on my cbr so i know about cleanin them.

jeepnrocks
08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I change my oil very very often too and I'm kinda gettn sick of the 8 dollar oil filter. thats an extremely ridiculous price considering an oil filter for my jeep costs about 3.50.
On a side note I have a freind that gets 400ex oil filters at the localy wally world. I think they are made by fram and are about 3 bucks. Not 100 percent sure on the maker though.

08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
I change my oil very very often too and I'm kinda gettn sick of the 8 dollar oil filter. thats an extremely ridiculous price considering an oil filter for my jeep costs about 3.50. that's your fault for not looking for alternative oil filters. ever heard of K&N's or Hi-Flo??? well search for them and they are about $3 a piece ;)

jeepnrocks
08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
I've seen them mike but I have always fallen into the OEM is best no matter what category. I'm sure thats true for a lot of things but I think considering how much I (and most of us) change the oil that a less expensive oil filter would be just fine

08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I've seen them mike but I have always fallen into the OEM is best no matter what category. I'm sure thats true for a lot of things but I think considering how much I (and most of us) change the oil that a less expensive oil filter would be just fine do you still have OEM tires, handlebars, grips, aarms, shocks??????doubt it. OEM is not always the best and you know that as well as anyone does

Mikesamillion
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I've seen them mike but I have always fallen into the OEM is best no matter what category. I'm sure thats true for a lot of things but I think considering how much I (and most of us) change the oil that a less expensive oil filter would be just fine

thats why i bought a reusable one. its not paper or cotton it wire mesh. just clean with a degreaser, blow air from the inside out, let dry a couple min, and WHAM a new filter.

Extreem
08-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Hey Mike,

Where did you get that filter ? As far as I'm concerned, it looks trick and cleaning it isn't a big deal to me either.

I'de love to have one on my bike, it seems similar to the Scotts reusable filter people have been running on street bikes (nothing but positive reviews from the mags).

Extreem

Mikesamillion
08-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Extreem
Hey Mike,

Where did you get that filter ? As far as I'm concerned, it looks trick and cleaning it isn't a big deal to me either.

I'de love to have one on my bike, it seems similar to the Scotts reusable filter people have been running on street bikes (nothing but positive reviews from the mags).

Extreem

I got it from the local dealer. But you can also order it online from http://www.readyracing.com if i have time im going to change the oil on my bike tomorrow and see if the cover fits (or if i can make it fit). Ill let you know.

Martin Blair
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM
personaly i would jsut rather replace it, I spend alot on my quad, Im not going to worry about a oil filter that cost 8 bucks, just my opionon.

Mikesamillion
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
i think this has gotten a little off topic. im not worried about the cost of a stock replacement filter or the cost of the comp flow reusable oil filter (i already bought one). I was wondering if the cover (which is for a CRF 450) will fit on the TRX. nothing more.

Martin Blair
08-04-2005, 06:13 PM
yes, its the same motor, besides the fixed piston, lame cam, non-fcr carb, lighting coil, lower rev limiter, and the fliped crank bearings, other then that its the same cases, same jug, same head, just a few parts ahve been switched out, or arround, so YES it will fit.

Mikesamillion
08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
yes, its the same motor, besides the fixed piston, lame cam, non-fcr carb, lighting coil, lower rev limiter, and the fliped crank bearings, other then that its the same cases, same jug, same head, just a few parts ahve been switched out, or arround, so YES it will fit.

cool thats what i was looking for...

Mikesamillion
08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Extreem
Hey Mike,

Extreem

Hey Extreem

I just finished changing my oil. The cap will not fit. The oil ports on the inside are just a little off on the forward side and the bolt holes that mount the cap to the case are off by about an 1/16 inch on each side. The filter is the same part number and ready racing told me they are in the works for a cover that fits the TRX.

Martin Blair
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
Hey Extreem

I just finished changing my oil. The cap will not fit. The oil ports on the inside are just a little off on the forward side and the bolt holes that mount the cap to the case are off by about an 1/16 inch on each side. The filter is the same part number and ready racing told me they are in the works for a cover that fits the TRX.

turn the cap the other way, if you try to put the stock one on backwards thats what happens, its not exactly the same

Mikesamillion
08-05-2005, 01:41 PM
hmmm strange. ill check it out on the next oil change.