PDA

View Full Version : Ballance breaks leg jumping 06 YFZ!!

GE4x4
08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
On Monday August 1,Yamaha's Bill Ballance was riding the new 2006 Yamaha YFZ450 at Castillo Ranch during Yamaha's YFZ450 Press Introduction in Los Alamos, CA (just north of Santa Barbara).

Bill was jumping the quad for a few photographers. During one of the jumps he had no choice but to throw the quad away and land on his own two feet. In the process he broke his left leg. The diagnosis, as of this date, is multiple fractures in the left ankle area.

"Right now, everyone's primary concern is getting Bill the appropriate medical attention," said Steve Nessl, Yamaha's ATV PR Manager.

When asked if Bill will be able to pursue his sixth GNCC championship, Nessl could only tell us the following; "He's in good spirits. Mostly he's anxious to get the injury taken care of and start healing as soon as possible. He's fully aware of the implications with respect to this year's GNCC series, but as anyone who knows Bill is aware, he's extremely competitive and doesn't intend to give up the 2006 title without a fight."

Bill is flying home to Kentucky to meet with his personal doctor. A decision as to the best way to address the injury will be made in the next few days.

As of right now the time required for Bill's leg to heal is undetermined.

GE4x4
08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I hope that he heels fast, I would hate to see someone win by default.

reconmaster
08-03-2005, 09:03 AM
get well son ballence

Cdaleracer
08-03-2005, 09:24 AM
That's odd. I remember reading the same exact word for word write up on the front page of ********.com. Atleast you could have wrote where you copied it from. JP deserves that atleast.

Rico
08-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
That's odd. I remember reading the same exact word for word write up on the front page of ********.com. Atleast you could have wrote where you copied it from. JP deserves that atleast.

I agree

and his leg is not broke it's an ankle injury.

rowlrag
08-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I hope that he heels fast, I would hate to see someone win by default.
Whats default mean?:confused: Hope he gets goin.

montycarlo
08-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
Whats default mean?:confused: Hope he gets goin.

If he gets passed up in the points because he can't compete.

Hope he gets well too. I'm sure they'll get something figgered out on the quad for shifting and he'll race with a cast on if he can take the pain! There would be a lot of stress from standing on the pegs though.

GaryDavis
08-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Get well soon!

popo
08-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Rico is going to be his replacement.

GE4x4
08-07-2005, 07:27 PM
This is the latest that I found from a atv web site. I don't want anyone to think that I came up with any of this.

Wed Evening update - Bill's out of surgery and his ankle is pinned and plated. Rumors rage of how many races he can miss and still statistically be in the points chase...

duke416ex
08-08-2005, 07:33 AM
I talked to Brandon yesterday after the mid south race. He said Bill had a tib fib break and messed up his ankle also. He said he would be out for atleast 6 weeks or so, get well soon!

younggun95j
08-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Kory Ellis also went down really hard the next day on a big downhill ski-jump. You can see the dirt packed into his nerf bars where he bottomed out. The back end then swapped over and hit the bank at the side of the track. He then got thrown quite a ways like a rag doll. He didnt quite know what was going on when the paramedics came over, but they didnt see anything majorly wrong. They took him to the hospital for some X-rays and nothing was broken. His left elbow was swollen up huge and he was having a hard time gettin around.

Harvey
08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
He was still hurting bad at Loretta's. Tried to ride somewhat, but couldn't hang on with the bad arm. Crashed and got hurt again. Too bad he couldn't have finished the season.

RIDER11X
08-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I talked to Brandon yesterday after the mid south race. He said Bill had a tib fib break and messed up his ankle also. He said he would be out for atleast 6 weeks or so, get well soon!

Wow! That sounds like a rough injury! Hope all heals well and quick for him.........

I wonder why Yamaha would want to have their top guy doing jumps for a photo shoot during mid season, chancing injury...:rolleyes: I'm sure a static photo of Bill with the YFZ along side the "2005 GNCC Champion" title would do fine for selling quads.:cool:

RIDER11X
08-20-2005, 11:53 PM
http://atvrideronline.com/newsfront/100_0508_ballance_01_s.jpg