PDA

View Full Version : a-arms

Tommy 17
09-18-2001, 05:44 PM
i want to buy a set of a-arms i may buy jd or houser racing. if i buy these a-arms i will buy +2. do i have to buy steel brake lines for this if i do not move them forward. how much of a steering difference does this make is it worth the money or should i buy sumtin else for my engine.

09-18-2001, 06:10 PM
No, you don't need different lines for just +2. As soon as you go forward, the lines are needed.

What kind of steering differences? It's like night and day really. I say this because a buddy of mine has a large and technical corner track, which the whole thing is off camber (dang Pennsylvania pastures for ya :) ). Every corner before i bought the axle and a-arms i could be found tipping all over the place no matter how much i tried to roll in and power out. It was actually no fun at all riding and i got real frustrated with riding all together. I decided either i'd keep up or hang it up, so for the love of the sport i chose to keep up which meant getting a new axle and a-arms. I got these things on and i was keeping up with 2 top 10 125 A class riders. Like i said, night and day. The frustration was gone and i had absolutely no problem shredding through corners either at practice or in races. By far my best mods.

papaw
09-18-2001, 06:14 PM
if you ride in the woods alot i think you might be a little wide,but for mostly motocross definately +2"+1"...as far as steel braided lines ar a must for any 400ex.i don't have them yet but hopefully soon enough.

09-20-2001, 08:34 AM
Well first off ya wanna get your rear end wider before your front end. I use houser racing arms,,,+1 wide and 1/2 forward with steel braided lines and it works out perfect for me. I race MX but also like ta rip the trails up...so the setup I have,,,I'm getting the best of both worlds,,,+2 wider with the offset rims added for MX,,,put the stocker tires back on and I'm only +1 wider perfect for trails,,,I have to suggest Houser arms though,,,good quality,,I'll post some pics after this weekend of mine..with the arms on..