PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!

motox450
08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone. I just installed my stage 2 hotcam and now my quad won't start. It tries every once and awhile, but it won't fire up. When it does try it backfires like crazy! What did I do wrong??? Help Please!!!!!

450robot
08-02-2005, 06:21 PM
did you make sure you had the timing chain on in the right spot?

motox450
08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes all of the timing marks line right up. I checked and reshimmed the vavles and they are perfect. The auto decompresser is fine as well. I am lost here? I don't know what else to check.

rodenberg35
08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I had the same problem only not as bad. mine would back fire at half throttle I had it apart about 5 times. then it just stopped I always had the timming right and never found out what is was. I did notice earlyer today the I had a set of marks on my cam that look like the cam is rubbing on the spring cups before it should dont know if its enough to open the valves though

motox450
08-02-2005, 09:06 PM
First thanks everyone for the help but I think I figured it out. I checked my airscrew and I was less than 1 turn out. So I went to about 3 and it fired up after it backfired first time. It does run fine. I think I am still lean on the pilot, so I am going to get a 48 and 50 pilot and see which one works. I am running a FCR carb and it came stock with a 45. It ran fine until the cam so I guess it made a big enough change. Thanks for all the help.

Russ