PDA

View Full Version : New cowl hood, grille for the s15

Blysster
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Just installed a new hood, grille, clear corners, and dust covers on the old s15.

That's about all I plan on doing to the exterior. Next will be the inside and possibly an engine upgrade. Any suggestions/comment? (good or bad)

I don't want to hear about the whole lowered/lifted argument again, please. It's pointless.

Blysster
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM

Blysster
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
last one..

Alberta_Qaudin
08-02-2005, 05:18 PM
where in NB are you that motel looks fermiliar

Pvt. Maggot
08-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Sweet s15, love the color thats what color my interior is..gloss black carbonfiber and lime green. Looks good man! :devil:

hessianmx111
08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Truck looks great man, I really like the wheels and grille:) .

nacs400ex
08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
That looks amazing, basically exactly what I want done to my truck(part way there), except my has a sun visor on the top.

As far as engine uprades, just do the v8 conversion, Right now I've got the 305 in my, however before its done its gunna have a 350, or my dads 1969 chevelle 327 motor. Then traction bars, followed my countersunk fuel cell in the back box. Once you put in the v8, all you need to worry about is hooking up.

Put those tuners to shame with the mini truck.

nacs400ex
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
BTW, what grill is that ? I've seen them on plenty of s10/15 but never found out the make.

Killa250ex
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Whats the difference between an s10 and an s15??? :blah:

Alberta_Qaudin
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
s10 is chevy and s15 is the gmc sonoma isnt it???? all i know is my 01' is a s15 sonoma

DvxDirtSlinger
08-02-2005, 10:03 PM
nice lookin truck, just need somthing to break up all that green, maybe some pin stripes down the side and up the cowl??

Pa400exracer
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
From what i know ... the s15 suspension is built heavier and there might be a few other things ... but im not completley sure

btw. nice truck blyyster Chevy's the only way to go

sampleez
08-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
s10 is chevy and s15 is the gmc sonoma isnt it????

pretty sure that's how it is

chucked
08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
chevy s-10 = gmc s-15, Ive had both. How much did that hood set you back, and how much was it?

Hondadudeehhhh
08-03-2005, 09:52 AM
i dont know what's legal in your area but i think a darker window tint would do the trick and make your truck look even sicker. Possibly some new headlights if you are a perfectionist. I really like that sanoma, and you did an awesome job on it.

raptorrider686
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Great looking truck. The best thing about it is its color:cool:

SixthFloorFreak
08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
if you've got the cash, LS1/T56 would be my choice for the drivetrain. serious power, and probably better gas mileage than you're getting now

Trevor
08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
There are alot of different motors that would fit in there but I wouldn't go with any less than a 4.3l. That would be your cheapest and easyest swap but not big power. I seen a old 87 toyota with a 350 in it man was it mean and it had 33's on it and was done up for off road though.

Blysster
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Wow..I haven't had much time to be on here lately but thanks for the feedback.

I will try to answer all the questions.

Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
where in NB are you that motel looks fermiliar

The motel is near Florenceville, it's on the TCH highway. If you've been in NB you would have driven right by it.

Originally posted by nacs400ex
As far as engine uprades, just do the v8 conversion, Right now I've got the 305 in my, however before its done its gunna have a 350

I use it as a daily driver. It's only got a "stock" :devil: 4.3 in it. If I do an engine swap it will be getting a 350 but that won't be anytime soon. I would only use it as a secondary vehicle/toy then.

Originally posted by nacs400ex
BTW, what grill is that ? I've seen them on plenty of s10/15 but never found out the make.

It's a polished billet aluminum grille from "grille4you" in California. Great people to deal with!

Originally posted by DvxDirtSlinger
nice lookin truck, just need somthing to break up all that green, maybe some pin stripes down the side and up the cowl??

It wiill be getting a fresh paint job next year.. or maybe the year after. I am thinking about adding black shelby stripes down it.. I would almost like to see what it would look like first though. Maybe some photoshop people could do that?

Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i dont know what's legal in your area but i think a darker window tint would do the trick and make your truck look even sicker. Possibly some new headlights if you are a perfectionist. I really like that sanoma, and you did an awesome job on it.

I had limo black side windows for a couple of days and got a warning for it. I then put green tint on but it looked kinda strange so I took it off. I may put some lighter tint on it again.

DvxDirtSlinger
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
Wow..I haven't had much time to be on here lately but thanks for the feedback.

I will try to answer all the questions.

The motel is near Florenceville, it's on the TCH highway. If you've been in NB you would have driven right by it.

I use it as a daily driver. It's only got a "stock" :devil: 4.3 in it. If I do an engine swap it will be getting a 350 but that won't be anytime soon. I would only use it as a secondary vehicle/toy then.

It's a polished billet aluminum grille from "grille4you" in California. Great people to deal with!

It wiill be getting a fresh paint job next year.. or maybe the year after. I am thinking about adding black shelby stripes down it.. I would almost like to see what it would look like first though. Maybe some photoshop people could do that?

I had limo black side windows for a couple of days and got a warning for it. I then put green tint on but it looked kinda strange so I took it off. I may put some lighter tint on it again.

you coul always do the the center section of the hood and do that section behind the wheelwells in flat black like an old cuda??

Quad18star
08-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Please ... whatever you do , don't put the shelby stripes ... IMO that would ruin the truck .

My suggestion , to break up the green , go with some sort of design down the side . Maybe something that looks like a rip in the paint ... soemthing in the orange /silver/purple colour ( mix of all 3) would look sweet . Kind of hard to explain , but I see it perfectly in my head . LOL :p

Blysster
08-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Please ... whatever you do , don't put the shelby stripes ... IMO that would ruin the truck .

My suggestion , to break up the green , go with some sort of design down the side . Maybe something that looks like a rip in the paint ... soemthing in the orange /silver/purple colour ( mix of all 3) would look sweet . Kind of hard to explain , but I see it perfectly in my head . LOL :p

Yeah.. I know what you mean. I wouldn't want to do anything too fancy though... Maybe I can write "Kawasakie" along the sides of it :blah: :devil: