PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Bearing Carrier - Chain Loose again?

aviator4
08-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I've got two bikes with the LoneStar cast bearing carrier sitting inside a +1 chrome Lonestar swingarm. Basically everything back there is LoneStar (axle but, axle, hubs etc..) on both. One swingarm is the older "closed style" the other in the "open style" where you can reach the grease zerk without removing the bearing carrier.

Seems like every time I ride, the chains on both bikes would end up loose. They are new chains so I expected some adjustment, but after riding in Colorado for 4 days (8+ hours a day), I had to re-adjust the chains EVERY DAY, I don't think the chains are sagging that much. Seems like the carriers would rotate inside the swingarm over time. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the solve? I've got the pinch bolts down as tight as I can, but that didn't make a difference.

plkmonster2
08-02-2005, 01:17 PM
MAke sure there isn't too much grease in the squeeze point of the carrier and swinger. MAke sure that all 4 pinch bolts are the same torque, and check them. I go left inside, right inside, left outside, right outside, and keep repeating a little bit, until they are about 15 ft lbs a piece.