PDA

View Full Version : Hutchinson Kansas

maynard22
08-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I am wondering if there is anybody on this site that lives in Hutchinson, Kansas that would be willing to go to a motorcycle shop there in town and look at and maybe ride a bike that they have for sale and tell me if it is worth what they are asking for it. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and don't want to drive clear up there if it is a POS. Below is the add off of Traderonline.com:

1999 HONDA 400ex, This quad is in very good shape. It is bored to a 406. Piston is 2 months old stage 2 hot cam,39 FCR carb,lightened fly wheel, head is ported,Hinson clutch basket with Sparks 8 plate clutch kit,TC Racing CDI,K&N filter,aftermarket air box with battery in side,+3 GT Thunder a arms with Pep ZPS standard travel front shocks,450R rear end with Debris racing ZPS rear,Lazer Star lights,Douglas Ultimate beadlocks all the way around,Jet trim seat cover. All motor parts and carb are 2 months old.
Price: $3,450.00

cjkranz
08-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Hello..I live in Hutchinson and is the shop Stream Line??? If so, BEWARE.....They have cheap bikes, but most of the ones they are selling (not the consinement bikes) are repos and rebuilders. The owner (or manager) Jeremy, is very difficult to work with. I took my banshee in there last year just to have the carbs looked at. They were dripping gas when it was just sitting there. Jeremy said to bring it by, for $20 and a couple of hrs, he said he (or his mechanic) could fix it. To make a long story short, he BROKE my bike and then wouldn't fix it, unless I paid for the parts AND his mechanics time. IT WAS THERE FAULT!!!! He wouldn't say they didn't break it, but he wouldn't make it right either. They mechanic told me he had NEVER worked on a banshee before that. They cut up my wiring harness and one of my TORS wouldn't work. The bike was taken out of his shop in pieces, not running and I had to take it to a REAL MECHANIC. when my mechanic saw the bike, he wanted to know what kind of an idiot was "working" on it. It cost me over $300 to get the bike fixed. I tried to talk with Jeremy about it, but he kept hanging up on me. When I went down to the shop, I asked him to please make it right or I would have to seek legal counsil (go to court). He stated to take him to court then. The BBB has been contacted (see what they think about stream line!!!), along with the KS attourney general's office. At this point, the BBB and A.G.O. both agree that S.L should pay up, but I will have to take him to court to get my $$$!!! Unless you want to throw $ out and have nothing but headaches, I would turn and run.... They have cheap bikes for a reason. Ask other people from the area what they think of Stream Line, you'll see....Sorry to burst your bubble, but.....

honduh440
08-02-2005, 10:04 AM
what is "jeremys" last name

maynard22
08-02-2005, 10:15 AM
cjkranz-

Thanks for the heads up, that is exactly where the bike is from, I will heed your warning and look somewhere else.

Thanks,
Zach

cjkranz
08-02-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't remember his last name right now. He used to manage a shop in McPherson several years ago. I was told the shop was closed due to some "shady events" similar to what is going on in Hutchinson now. The problem is, we don't have a good quad shop around. It's either S.L. or Great Plains Honda/yamaha.

honduh440
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
you can always go to nmotion

cjkranz
08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
This is true. We just have to drive to Wichita. It would be handy to have something in town.

cjkranz
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Does "Edwards" sound right for Jeremy's last name?? That is ringing a bell for some reason. Might not be right though. What is unforunate is Ryan at S.L. is a great guy. He is easy to work with, just has a Jacka** for a boss.