PDA

View Full Version : Click noise

Taz14racer
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
i own a 03 Z400 and when i start it up it makes this ''click'' ''click'' nosie wat is it?

it has a White Bros. Rev Box Eseries Exhaust and filter.

BlueZ440
08-01-2005, 10:20 PM
umm click click?? Can you tell where it's coming from? It could be a loose nut or broken screws on the flywheel.

I had a knocking noise on my machine and it was the 6 screws on the flywheel that came loose and then finally broke,and it Fried.. my stator.

One_Bad_400
08-01-2005, 10:26 PM
most likely its your cam chain... if its a 03 its about time to put one in... i just replaced one on my 03... it cost me $190 to replace it...

DO NOT!!!! i repeat do not run it any more or ride it untill you get this problem fixed... the cam chain will fall off and you will take the chance of having to put new valves and chain in it... and that will run you a nother 100-200 more bucks...

One_Bad_400
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
umm click click?? Can you tell where it's coming from? It could be a loose nut or broken screws on the flywheel.

I had a knocking noise on my machine and it was the 6 screws on the flywheel that came loose and then finally broke,and it Fried.. my stator.

i dont think its that.. i just went threw that problem a few weeks ago... and it really didnt make much clicking... it just snaped and quit...

BlueZ440
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
i dont think its that.. i just went threw that problem a few weeks ago... and it really didnt make much clicking... it just snaped and quit...

:confused: :ermm:

Maybe try getting some of the Headsets mechanics use and try to find where the noise is coming from.

But onebad400 might be right about the cam chain..

One_Bad_400
08-01-2005, 10:34 PM
:confused: :ermm:

i'm just saying like mine never made a noise... the bolts just snaped and it quit on me... i never hurd any ticking on mine...

BlueZ440
08-01-2005, 10:43 PM
i'm just saying like mine never made a noise... the bolts just snaped and it quit on me... i never hurd any ticking on mine...

O..Mine ran for a few then made a noise then quit but I could started again for a few seconds... Damn Suzuk's..LOL..I still love it.:cool:

Taz14racer
08-02-2005, 10:50 PM

Taz14racer
08-02-2005, 10:52 PM

Well when mine idols it makes this nosie im not for sure if its the valves or somthin.

BlueZ440
08-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Taz14racer
Well when mine idols it makes this nosie im not for sure if its the valves or somthin.

Does it Idle then goes bang then about 2seconds goes bang again? If so is the flywheel screws. Now if it's a real fast ticking noise..Then it might be the cams or something else.

Taz14racer
08-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Does it Idle then goes bang then about 2seconds goes bang again? If so is the flywheel screws. Now if it's a real fast ticking noise..Then it might be the cams or something else.

No it just constantly makes this noise when it idols. But when I give it some throttle it gose aways. But When i gose back to idoling it makes the noise. So i have no clue wat it is.

BlueZ440
08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
No it just constantly makes this noise when it idols. But when I give it some throttle it gose aways. But When i gose back to idoling it makes the noise. So i have no clue wat it is.

did you put aftermarket cams in? or big bore kit? Mine has a ticking noise when it idles also since I put my 440 on but it has ran fine since 03.. I still have the noise after replacing the cam chain,adjusting the valves,etc.

Taz14racer
08-04-2005, 07:58 AM
did you put aftermarket cams in? or big bore kit? Mine has a ticking noise when it idles also since I put my 440 on but it has ran fine since 03.. I still have the noise after replacing the cam chain,adjusting the valves,etc.

No i dont have anything like that. But im am saving my money and i am goin to invest in that but im not for sure where i should take it. I've heard a place called Milliuni Tecnoligy dose a good job but i would like to shop around a little more. What did u go with?

murrays400ex
08-04-2005, 08:01 AM
ur vavles probly need ajusting if it goes away when its worm or when ur moving then its ur valves if its costent knoking then it could be alot more seriouse

Taz14racer
08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by murrays400ex
ur vavles probly need ajusting if it goes away when its worm or when ur moving then its ur valves if its costent knoking then it could be alot more seriouse

Hey i noticed that u have a G-force axle. How is it holdin up?
Do u ride hard like every day?
is it light? Cuz im think of gettin one

BlueZ440
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
No i dont have anything like that. But im am saving my money and i am goin to invest in that but im not for sure where i should take it. I've heard a place called Milliuni Tecnoligy dose a good job but i would like to shop around a little more. What did u go with?

I went with the 440 wiseco kit... I took my Jug to a head and block place and had them put the new sleeve and re-honed-it. Me and my friend put the new piston in and rings. Then put the new jug,gasket,re-valve the valves,and head back on.

Also I went with hotcams.

BlueZ440
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey i noticed that u have a G-force axle. How is it holdin up?
Do u ride hard like every day?
is it light? Cuz im think of gettin one

I don't want to start anything..but if you want to get an axle get durablue or lonestar..

My friend tried the g-force and he has bent 2 of them already so he gave up on them...And he did it on the Mx track.. Maybe for flattrack racing,or dunes is a good axle but not for heavy MX.

Taz14racer
08-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I went with the 440 wiseco kit... I took my Jug to a head and block place and had them put the new sleeve and re-honed-it. Me and my friend put the new piston in and rings. Then put the new jug,gasket,re-valve the valves,and head back on.

Also I went with hotcams.

So how dose it run now? Have u had any problems with it?

BlueZ440
08-05-2005, 06:38 PM
So how dose it run now? Have u had any problems with it?

The only problem I have had with my bike has been...

HeadGasket= I forgot to buy new bolts(studs) for the head, so they were streched out. Got new ones and torq them alittle bit heavier.(Problem Fixed)

My shiftfork bent and my 4th gear went out..(my fault for grinding gears and not knowing how to shift.:D

And the last thing would be the flywheel hex screws. Came loose and grind my stator.

but other than that the bike has ran fine and has the power I need to keep up with the new 450's.

So with the 440 and cams the only problem was headgasket.