PDA

View Full Version : Help with decisions

rockman
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I just recently got an 86r and I'm gettin ready to begin the "rebuild". I got it with the motor tore down. I was just going to bore it to the next bore wich is 100 over. I was just wonderin what kind of pipe i should put on it and if reeds really help all that much. Its pretty stock and i want to make it FAST well decently fast. my brother in law has a 88 that he's putting a 330 in and i can't let him completely kill me. any kind of advice would help. i don't really care about suspension or anything just the motor. thanks

zedicus00
08-01-2005, 08:18 PM
you could do a resleeve stock cylender with a 310 kit. if setup right they can hang with 330's yes u will need reeds a pipe and a carb. get stuff that complements each other, like if u get a midrange pipe get a read, carb, and port job all setup for midrange power too. good luck, and if yur engine is mostly stock its a shortrod.

Prey
08-02-2005, 07:34 PM
i might talk to ron mueller about getting it sent to tony kellner for the resleeve to a 300. I will PM you his number if you are interested.

BTW, in case you are not familiar with the kellner name, he was barry hawks builder for his 7 consecutive gncc titles and is now pat browns builder

zedicus00
08-02-2005, 07:57 PM
or check out C-Leigh racing. that dude is the best porter and 2-stroker ive ever found. better then ESR and eric gorr i think