PDA

View Full Version : spark plug???

ExVillin400
06-03-2002, 05:30 PM
i know this is a stupid question but whats up with the spark plug on the 400. why the **** is it so hard to get to? what is the secret to taking it out? do i have to take the front plastics and gas tank off?

400exredrider
06-03-2002, 05:34 PM
no take ur wrench outta the tool box the spark plug one....take the wire off put the spark plug wrench in there get a screw driver and turn it LEFT and it will come out:rolleyes: :D

06-03-2002, 05:38 PM
take off the front plastics, take off the gas tank, take the engine out of the frame, take the little red thing off, and take the spark plug out ;) ;) ;)

nakomis0
06-03-2002, 05:41 PM
He is right.

If you lose or just don't have the special wrench to get the plug out. Than its a huge pain.

06-03-2002, 06:26 PM
yeah, the first time i did it on my freinds, i took the gas tank and verything off. then my dad laughed at me and used a wrench out of his big bear tool kit and could get to it with ease

06-03-2002, 07:11 PM
i usually have a bunch of crap stuck around the plug(grass,mud and such), so i take most stuff off so i can keep it cleaner when i change my plug.

at least its not a 2 stroke so you dont have to change it every ride

Ketch
06-03-2002, 08:35 PM
The word is Motion Pro. They make a socket just for it you can use a 3/8 ratchet or a open end wench or scew driver to get your
spark plug out works great for me and it's under 30 dollars. To find them at [650]594-9600 or www.motionpro.com:)

SGA
06-07-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by tyner adair
i usually have a bunch of crap stuck around the plug(grass,mud and such), so i take most stuff off so i can keep it cleaner when i change my plug.

at least its not a 2 stroke so you dont have to change it every ride
I blow out with compressed air down around the spark plug before i pull it.

If you got to pull the plug on your two stroke that much, you got something wrong somewhere. I pull the plugs about every 3 months on the dirt bikes, they always look good and start right up. I change the plugs when they get some wear, about every 9-12 months or so.

06-13-2002, 11:08 AM
I lost my tool kit :mad: Those dang lids come open so easy ! So now I had to order the spark plug tool from honda to get mine changed :grr

MX MadMann
06-13-2002, 01:04 PM
i used to have to change my spark plug every time i unloaded my 400 at the deer lease. its only about 2 hours north of here , and i dont think elevation could have affected it that much. also , i used to go thru plugs about once a week. but now that i have rejetted it for my pipe , it fires up everytime. so i have like 5 spare plugs still in the box in my shop lol.

Dave400ex
06-16-2002, 09:31 PM
MX MadMann, My 400 is like yours. Ever since I put my Pipe on it is a Pain. I have the Jetting right because I asked TC and he told me to run a D7EA Plug which helped, but it still fouled out. It was like 70 and a cold wind today and it would barely start. It is starting to be more of a Pain then anything. It seems like I change Plugs every 2 weeks or sooner. I hope when it hets Hotter it helps that some. I am so good at changing the Plug now I could do it in like 2 minutes.