PDA

View Full Version : What a Weekend !!!!

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Just like the title says .... what a friggen weekend . We made the 10 hour drive down to New Berlin , New York for the Unadilla ATV Nats this past weekend , and I must say ... these racers are out of their minds .

Heres how my weekend went ...

Friday 7am ... Leave for The USA.

Friday 11am ... Take wrong turn near Toronto ... had to back track to take the correct exit .

Friday 2pm .... 30 minute wait at the border ... car heating up in line so I ahd to turn the HOT air on to cool it down a bit ( it was 85 degrees outside and we had the damn heat on )

Friday 5pm ... Battery light comes on .

" " 5:10 PM ... Battery and now ABS light come on ... we're stuck in a traffic jam .

" " 5:15 .... Battery , ABS , Check engine and Brake sensor light come on ... still stuck in traffic .

" " 5:30 .... radio fading , light all on , clock don't work , odometer dont work ... stuck in traffic still

" " 5:45 .... feel like burning car on side of road ... no more traffic ... but damn Toll paper ( thing you show at end of toll to see how much you owe) flies out the window ...just GREAT !!!!

5:50 ... make it through toll ( nice guy only charged me $1,50 ) ... car is nearly dead ... stop at gas station to call repair man

6pm ... repair men in search of an alternator ... find one and cost me $400 US ... remember this is 6pm at night on a friday ... everyone has closed up shop .

7:30 on the road to UTICA ... extremely pissed cuz there goes all my spending $$ for the weekend

8pm ... arrive at Hotel .... ever try finding Red Roof Inn in Utica?? ... it's between a bridge and soemthing else .... Weaver street my butt ... no one in Utica ever heard of Weaver street .... ordered pizza .. slept .

Rest of the weekend was great ... awesome racing ... hot weather ( my GF got a nice sun burn ) ... left Sunday at 5pm ... made it to the Canadian border by 8pm ( ya we were hauling butt ... cuz I felt like burning the car still and if it was gunna blow up ... it was happening on this 3 hour drive .

Canada at 8pm ... Canada Customs girl was real *****y... asking me all sorts of stupid questions like " What is ATV Racing" ... Quads?? 4-wheelers?? DUH !!!!!! She didn't have a clue .

Kingston by 8:30 pm ... hotel room ... $190 for 1 night ... I nearly cried ... went out had dinner .

Drove all day since 11am with a few stops here and there .... got home at 8:15 tonight .

ANyone wanna lend me about $1500 cuz that's what this trip just cost me . :grr:

Hondadudeehhhh
08-01-2005, 07:22 PM
i had canadian beer this weekend and got sick..... haha

sounds like the trip was well worth it greg. Maybe you should hit up red bud next year and ill show you all the lake michigan babes :D

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i had canadian beer this weekend and got sick..... haha

sounds like the trip was well worth it greg. Maybe you should hit up red bud next year and ill show you all the lake michigan babes :D

Funniest thing I heard all weekend , was from the older guys at the Repair Shop " Man that Canadian beer is good stuff ... makes our beer taste like water"

No word of a lie ... those were his exact words.

I have over 100 pics from this weekend .. I'll post a few .

Turner saying sorry to Gust about a problem with the quad .

sampleez
08-01-2005, 07:26 PM
that sucks man!! that could'a been a front end for the yfz :p

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:27 PM
The man himself ... Natalie .... took bad a loose ground wire in the first moto and a little get off in the 2nd had to happen or else he'd have walked away with this NO Problem .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
that sucks man!! that could'a been a front end for the yfz :p

You're telling me ... I had plans to buy a few things ... the little unexpected repair through a twist into my plans .

Keith Little's bike in the trailer .... Keith if you read this .. where were you .. I drove all the way down to get your autograph and you weren't around . :grr: ;)

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Anyone that says this race wasn't rough is a lier ... check this out ...The turn right before the Gravity Cavity .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I lied .... that top picture is right after the annoucers tower .

Here is the corner before the Cavity .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Harlen had a great view !!!!

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Event banner ...

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Comming out of the Cavity .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Nice roost ...

JRP
08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
awsome pics. i wish i could of been there.

400exBro
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Damn that sounds like a rought weekend!!!
Man i had trouble finding you, i always kept my eye open and couldn't find you...

good weekend tho, i had better luck tho, i was able to get myself a crf450 fcr carb for my bike:D
and it just got better, we bumped into Natalie and the whole cure in Binghamton at the applebees, that was sweet, talked with him for a bit... Such a nice guy, I am glad he is the National champ because he deserves it.. To bad he had such a rough weekend, but that is racing, it happens to the best of us.

(sorry about rubbing it in Greg) just had to share my story.

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by JRP
awsome pics. i wish i could of been there.

I got more pics that I'll post later on tomorrow or something . It was a great weekend ... perfect weather . At the podium celebrations yesturday there were a few drops of rain but that was all . The track had no dust .

Quote of the weekend from Jones ... " It's like a rock quarry out there ... Hopefully no one loses an eye or something "

If I remember right , there was 780 something riders . No major wrecks ... if fact I think I can count on my hands the amount of crashs there were . Worst one I seen was a kid on a mini that tumbled near the first turn . His quad went end over end a few times , he shook it off and got back on to finish riding .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Damn that sounds like a rought weekend!!!
Man i had trouble finding you, i always kept my eye open and couldn't find you...

good weekend tho, i had better luck tho, i was able to get myself a crf450 fcr carb for my bike:D
and it just got better, we bumped into Natalie and the whole cure in Binghamton at the applebees, that was sweet, talked with him for a bit... Such a nice guy, I am glad he is the National champ because he deserves it.. To bad he had such a rough weekend, but that is racing, it happens to the best of us.

(sorry about rubbing it in Greg) just had to share my story.

HAHA ... you lucky SOB . We mostly sat in the bleachers near Gravity Cavity ... which was the best view in my opinion . I had on my red Legacy t-shirt ... and I think I was the only one there with a red Legacy shirt ... I didn't see any others with one . Harlen gave me a few stickers at the Podium ... I don't think he recognized me though ... Thanks for the stickers Harlen .

My Visa bill is gunna be killer next month ... :S

SRH
08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I got more pics that I'll post later on tomorrow or something . It was a great weekend ... perfect weather . At the podium celebrations yesturday there were a few drops of rain but that was all . The track had no dust .

Quote of the weekend from Jones ... " It's like a rock quarry out there ... Hopefully no one loses an eye or something "

If I remember right , there was 780 something riders . No major wrecks ... if fact I think I can count on my hands the amount of crashs there were . Worst one I seen was a kid on a mini that tumbled near the first turn . His quad went end over end a few times , he shook it off and got back on to finish riding .

yeah right haha i know of at least 5 crashes including myself, the track was so brutal it tore the skin off my hand so deep there is like 1 layer in 1 spot, the ambulance left a couple times saturday

by the way you never said what up you prick:macho

TheFontMaster
08-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I was there sunday all day, it was awsome. I prolly shoulda brought my camera, I was more interested in just being there. Lesson learned don't wear converse all stars when you are going to be walking around a track for 7 hours. That guy on the sled was crazy flat landing 100 feet out of gravity cavity, too bad he didnt get to hit the sky jump. While it wasn't cool that Natalie crashed, I was hoping to see him win I got a great view of that crash:D O and Greg what kind of car were you driving, I passed a car with Quebec plates on the way there, and I was wondering if it was you.

sampleez
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
did you see what # that mini was, or what kinda quad it was? cause my cousin, #66 on a white trx90 in the 90 production jr, got a 1st and 12th in his moto's, so i think he might have wrecked or something.

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah right haha i know of at least 5 crashes including myself, the track was so brutal it tore the skin off my hand so deep there is like 1 layer in 1 spot, the ambulance left a couple times saturday

by the way you never said what up you prick:macho

Did you crash right near the first corner ?? I think it was during a holeshot . Now that I think of it , there was one pretty crazy crash and I think it involved a blue YFZ . The guy was out by the hay bail getting some treatment .

How can I say What's up when I ain't got a clue what you look like . LOL . Did you see me or something?? I walked the pits once , but went through real fast cuz we had to go sit down .. my gf screwed up her back .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I was there sunday all day, it was awsome. I prolly shoulda brought my camera, I was more interested in just being there. Lesson learned don't wear converse all stars when you are going to be walking around a track for 7 hours. That guy on the sled was crazy flat landing 100 feet out of gravity cavity, too bad he didnt get to hit the sky jump. While it wasn't cool that Natalie crashed, I was hoping to see him win I got a great view of that crash:D O and Greg what kind of car were you driving, I passed a car with Quebec plates on the way there, and I was wondering if it was you.

Nope .... I have Ontario plates ... and a black Sunfire GT that I should have burnt on the side of the highway .

Yeah that sled jump was pretty nice ... I'd have liked to have sen him air it on skyshot but he'd have killed himself . Landing on dirt is a lil tougher than snow . LOL

08-01-2005, 08:18 PM
greg u do knwo that when u lost that card they will send u a bill in the mail in about a month chargin up the ***?U have to pay for all the places on that card I think.

SRH
08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Did you crash right near the first corner ?? I think it was during a holeshot . Now that I think of it , there was one pretty crazy crash and I think it involved a blue YFZ . The guy was out by the hay bail getting some treatment .

How can I say What's up when I ain't got a clue what you look like . LOL . Did you see me or something?? I walked the pits once , but went through real fast cuz we had to go sit down .. my gf screwed up her back .

i didnt crash by the start, i crashed by where you come up the hill over the drop off towards the screw u, i landed side ways from that drop off and just pile drived myself into the ground

by the way i didnt see u i was just bustin on you:blah:

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
did you see what # that mini was, or what kinda quad it was? cause my cousin, #66 on a white trx90 in the 90 production jr, got a 1st and 12th in his moto's, so i think he might have wrecked or something.

The one mini I remember seeing tumbling was a yellow one ... then there was a blue one near the pro whoops section .

I give props to the mini riders .... they were flying . I didn't think those things could go so fast . :eek2:

SRH
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
greg u do knwo that when u lost that card they will send u a bill in the mail in about a month chargin up the ***?U have to pay for all the places on that card I think.

nooo they just make u pay the maximum toll ...well thats what they do if u accidently go thru easy pass or somethin

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444

Nah the dude was nice ... he only charged me $1.50 .... he seen I was pissed and that I was having car problems . LOL

SRH ... I didn't see that crash of yours ... you're lucky cuz I'd have caught it on camera . ;) :p

I'll be at a few of the races next year ... Red Bud and Unadilla ( if they return)

TheFontMaster
08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll be at a few of the races next year ... Red Bud and Unadilla ( if they return)

The anouncer was talking about seeing everyone next year, so I'm guessing they are gonna have another quad nationals there. And isn't there a GNCC thats going to be at Unadilla in September?

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SRH
nooo they just make u pay the maximum toll ...well thats what they do if u accidently go thru easy pass or somethin

Glad I didn't do that . LOL

Tolls weren't too bad .... most expensive would have been from Buffalo to Utica ( $7.50) but I didn't pay that amount ... I paid like 3$ cuz I made a stop inbetween .... wait that was an expensive toll .. it cost me $430 . :mad:

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:30 PM
The anouncer was talking about seeing everyone next year, so I'm guessing they are gonna have another quad nationals there. And isn't there a GNCC thats going to be at Unadilla in September?

Yeah I heard him say that also . Apparently we were the best bunch of riders and spectators that the owner has ever dealt with .... I'll cross my fingers that it returns for next year .

Oh and onto another subject ....All you southern folks talk funny . :p

TheFontMaster
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Oh and onto another subject ....All you southern folks talk funny . :p

I think that was mostly the anouncer trying to sound like he was from New York. :rolleyes:

SRH
08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
the announcer ****in sucked, jeezus the announcer at our local district race is way better and more professional...they want professsional and they got 2 guys speakin hill rod all weekeend callin each other corn bread and white bread.... sayin ohhh brb i need a drink wtf....

also the quad riders were so quiet...i think everyone was sleeping at 9 cept for a few of us...the bike national is nuts...giant *** party..drugs, booze, *****es,mase (sp)

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I think that was mostly the anouncer trying to sound like he was from New York. :rolleyes:

LMAO ... yeah . " New Yawk " <--- I swear I heard that about 500 times .... That and snowMObile . No need to emphasize on the "MO" part of the word . LOL

The announcer had the hardest time saying Richard Pelchat .... He called him Plechant all weekend long ... I don't know when the "L" came before the "E" and where is the "N" in there ?? LOL

S'all good though ... cuz I caught myself saying " EH" to Pam Brown while we were talking in the stands . :p

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SRH
the announcer ****in sucked, jeezus the announcer at our local district race is way better and more professional...they want professsional and they got 2 guys speakin hill rod all weekeend callin each other corn bread and white bread.... sayin ohhh brb i need a drink wtf....

also the quad riders were so quiet...i think everyone was sleeping at 9 cept for a few of us...the bike national is nuts...giant *** party..drugs, booze, *****es,mase (sp)

Yeah .... I don't know what was up with that .... Corn Bread ?? Hrmmm .... made me scratch my head a few times .

And that guy does look like Rick Flair . :p

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:34 AM
An ATVRiders.com member . I don't know who it is though .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Harlen and another member .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Dunks got good taste . :eek:

I was trying to get a picture of him cuz he was looking right at me ... but the stupid digital camera has a 2 second delay .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:41 AM
This track is located in some old country area . There was a cemetary right in the center of the parking area . As you can see , this headstone is from 1860 and the person was 77 years old when they died . Utica was a beautiful area with lots of OLD stuff . Great to take pictures that's for sure .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Byrd's quad .... looking saaaaweeeeet !!!

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Tavis Cain's quad .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Wanna buy a couple Legacy ATV quads ?? Take your pick ... MX or TT . I didn't even ask the price ....I knew my pockets weren't deep enough .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Just chillen at the hotel .

The Red Roof Inn , in Utica was a nice place to stay . Fairly clean , comfy bed , nice big bathroom and shower . Reasonable price also of $96 a night plus taxes .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Ellis on the podium .

He looked like he was about to pass out after the main while waiting for the announcers to get their act together . Maybe the tarck took it's toll on him or he wasn't feeling well?? Who knows ... but he rode a great race .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Byrd on the podium .

We had the priviledge to stand beside his wife and Michelle Reiser during the celebration .... and I must say ... Michelle is one good looking girl .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Jones saying something about how the track was and how the race went .... That Kentuky accent is too much for a Canadian to understand . ;) Plus I was watching Wes Miller set up his camera beside me , so I wasn't really listening to Jones .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Smile ... say Cheese !!!!! Winners with their trophies taking pictures ... I don't think these guys like taking pics too much ... they kept asking " Are you guys done yet"

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Pop-a-top and let the bubbly spray.

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 08:04 AM
My girlfriend took a lot more pictures with her camera ... we just have to get the 4 rolls of film developped then I'll post more . In all , I think we took about 260 photos ... I'll take the best ones and post them in a few days .

CdaleXtreme
08-03-2005, 09:21 PM
An ATVRiders.com member . I don't know who it is though .

That ATVrider.com member is Rob Black, John natalie's Mechanic.