PDA

View Full Version : learnin how to play guitar

redlineranger
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
like the name said im gone try and learn how to play guitar.... if any1 on here does, is it hard to learn etc.......... also what electric guitar and amp would u suggest i buy... im wantin to learn how to play guitar to play old songs like all of guns n roses stuff, and other old rock bands like that

thanks in advance

blastereatin250
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
My dad can play anything you can think of. I kinda know how to play and use an old fender twin and a vintage gibson sg. My dad used to have a les paul, and has a paul ried smith, and an ibenez. All are worth about $2000. My dad has a slash model marshal head with a 4-12 marshal speaker. He also has a husanketner (sp) head. I think the best songs to start learning on are t&t, smoke on the water, cat scratch fever. They are all pretty easy. If you are serious I would say get a 2/12 amp. If not I would say get a 1/12. Marshal is a pretty good company and fender makes a nice new 2/12.

redlineranger
08-01-2005, 06:38 PM
i cant afford a fender sorry i forgot to post the best cheapest guitar and amp to start out on

ridered11
08-01-2005, 06:42 PM
get a squier (sp??) amp and guitar starter pack they are pretty cheap, and the squier looks just like a strat, except the head

guitar is pretty easy to learn, just put some time and dedication into anything, and you can do what ever you want

for tabs(pretty much the easy way to play guitar) go to www.mxtabs.net it's the best tab site out there

redlineranger
08-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
get a squier (sp??) amp and guitar starter pack they are pretty cheap, and the squier looks just like a strat, except the head

guitar is pretty easy to learn, just put some time and dedication into anything, and you can do what ever you want

for tabs(pretty much the easy way to play guitar) go to www.mxtabs.net it's the best tab site out there

where can i get the squier or w/e starter pack at ive seen it somewhere before but i dont remember where it wus at

lonestar13r
08-01-2005, 06:51 PM
i bought an Ibanez Half stack amp , 4-12 cab' its real nice, great sound i paid right around 500.00 for it if i remember right. learning isn't to bad if you have the will and are some what cordinated... it helps ALOT if you have a freind that plays and they can show you what stuff means ,, might seem like chinesse for a while ha. Guns N roses are awsome !! there not the easyest stuff to play thoe,, at all. just learn your basic stuff then start trying to play around with different chords. theres a book called "guitar for dummies" and its preety easy to understand, comes with a cd.
-Ethan

redlineranger
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by lonestar13r
i bought an Ibanez Half stack amp , 4-12 cab' its real nice, great sound i paid right around 500.00 for it if i remember right. learning isn't to bad if you have the will and are some what cordinated... it helps ALOT if you have a freind that plays and they can show you what stuff means ,, might seem like chinesse for a while ha. Guns N roses are awsome !! there not the easyest stuff to play thoe,, at all. just learn your basic stuff then start trying to play around with different chords. theres a book called "guitar for dummies" and its preety easy to understand, comes with a cd.
-Ethan

yes i have a friend that is takin guitar classes and he will help me and my uncle is a awesome guitarist... he play anything u ask him to.. yes and i can alredy see that GNR will be hard to learn but hey if i learn how to do it, it would be awesome

08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Ive been trying to learn latly, just so i can play random music that i like and jam with my freinds. But none of my freinds have the patince to teach me lol. Are there anysites that show you the basics and crap? I tried to learn off of mxtabs but it didnt work.

enduro400rider
08-01-2005, 07:40 PM
i started out with a squire bullet. its a nice guitar to learn on, you can get them from musicansfreind.com for $100 and i bought a little crate amp thats nothin special but it sounds good. the amp was about 90 and then throw in like 30 for other crap you ll need like picks and cords, you will definatly want a good tuner. i take lessons its pretty easy after the first couple of months

JRP
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
i started using a epiphone and it was an ok guitar. but i lost interest after about a year. i jus couldnt get the hand of it.

4oorider
08-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
where can i get the squier or w/e starter pack at ive seen it somewhere before but i dont remember where it wus at

is there a guitar center anywhere near you? any music stores?

or musiciansfriend.com and also comes in a magazine has great deals

4oorider
08-01-2005, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ridered11
[B]get a squier (sp??) amp and guitar starter pack they are pretty cheap, and the squier looks just like a strat, except the head

squire is the cheaper version of fender, jsut like epiphone is the cheaper version of gibson

450Racer
08-02-2005, 10:29 AM
i'd say the most important thing when you're practicing is scales. if you practice scales for 20 minutes a day, your fingers will develop memory and it teaches you what notes sound right with other ones and where they are. it's easiest to get lessons, if not, i'd buy a book and learn from that. i have an Epiphone Demon XL. it kinda looks like a Flying-V. i love it. if i were you check out www.musiciansfriend.com there are some sweet deals on that site. just search around. you'll find something.

redlineranger
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 4oorider
is there a guitar center anywhere near you? any music stores?

or musiciansfriend.com and also comes in a magazine has great deals

theres a few pawn shops around here and they have alot of nice guitars and amps.... im gone go up there and see if theyve got anything good at a decent price, also i think my uncle has a few older fenders layin around, so i'll see if he has anything also........ if not i'll go to the musiciansfriend website

red2004 TRX450R
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I started out with a Peavey Rage. The best little practice amp money can buy... sounds good and has good distortion! u can pick one up for under $100.00

http://www.peavey.com/images/thumbnail/00512240.jpg

I statred out on a Telecaster copy.

http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images/guitars/0118502767_md.jpg

exboy
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
maybe ill get good enuf in at it in my class and i can try to teach u sometime
:D