PDA

View Full Version : the most tragic death i've heard of yet... need some prayers...

Tommy 17
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
this happened in my town yesterday....

a 82 year old man and his 81 year old wife who have been married for 62 years went to church yesterday... as they were leaving church he accidently put the car in reverse and hit the gas instead of the brake... ran his wife over killing her instantly... then he hit another lady injuring her pretty bad and then finally hitting a car stopping him...

the family is my dads boss's parents and its really takin a ruff toll on the family... the old guy is takin it pretty ruff...

if u can give them ur prayers i'm sure the whole family needs it right now... exspecially the old man who killed his wife of 62 years...

its really messed up how the world works and u wonder why:(

08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
their in my prayers:(

Nick110
08-01-2005, 11:37 AM
mine too. man thats really sad how it had to happen that way

gyt-r450
08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428

Punk'd
08-01-2005, 03:58 PM
thats sad man. Id feel terrible if I ever did something like that. Their in my prayers RIP:(

08-01-2005, 04:04 PM
thats why i dont go to church. My mom got into a REALLY badd accident on her way home from church a few weeks ago.

Sorry to hear about the older couple.
:(

08-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428

08-01-2005, 04:25 PM
thus confirming, you should not be allowed to drive after a certain age, and having yearly drivers tests to ensure your able to safely drive a car.

Jesse

250R-Dee
08-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't know what to say about that accident.

Dirt merchant - that was a pretty cold comment but I guess people under 30, asians, women and people who are not from the US should also be added to the list of those persons who should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle on US roads if we all think like you :rolleyes:.

born-2-race
08-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about that tragic accident. They're in my prayers :(

400exrules
08-01-2005, 05:04 PM
dang that sucks

i live a small, boring, relatively 'crime free' town where nothing ever happens, but acouple days ago 4 ppl were found dead in their master bedroom of their house. 2 parents, and their 2 little girls. THey now have said that the parents were strangled by someone, and the girls were drowned

Blysster
08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear about this awfull accident.

Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
I don't know what to say about that accident.

Dirt merchant - that was a pretty cold comment but I guess people under 30, asians, women and people who are not from the US should also be added to the list of those persons who should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle on US roads if we all think like you :rolleyes:.

Japan, I'm not here to start an argument but I agree with Dirt Merchant on this. After a certain age it should be mandatory to pass your driver's test again, at least the driving part of it. Allot of this stuff could be avoided.

It's a plain fact that your response time, vision, and reflexes deteriorate with age. I think that allot of elderly people should not be driving based on their physical abilities.

BlazingYamahaYz
08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
Sorry to hear about this awfull accident.

Japan, I'm not here to start an argument but I agree with Dirt Merchant on this. After a certain age it should be mandatory to pass your driver's test again, at least the driving part of it. Allot of this stuff could be avoided.

It's a plain fact that your response time, vision, and reflexes deteriorate with age. I think that allot of elderly people should not be driving based on their physical abilities.

I agree. Especially after I went to the DMV to get my license. There were alot of people over the age of 70 in there taking their renewal test. I would say 95% of the ones that took the test had to be told which side was flashing or what light was on. (When taking the vision test) Deffinetly a tragic accident however.

TM426
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I agree too, everyone over 70 should be required to take the drivers tests all over again (including vision). Alot of older people are worse driving then sixteen year olds. Sorry about the accident.

Tommy 17
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
i agree on the mandatory tests... its a very tragic even that happened...

08-01-2005, 08:14 PM
its like.. most states you have to do the inspection every year or 2.. same with emissions.. whats the problem with retesting? cops have to recertify with there guns, but you take the driving test once, and your golden? Instead of doing somthing that helps, and would probably stop things like this from happening, they do the complete oppisite.. The guy made 2 mistakes.. 1. he put the car in reverse, which is 1 click, not 3 like it should be.. how do you mistake that? then presses the gas instead of the brake? how many years has the guy been driving? sounds like theres more to the story as bad as it sounds.. sorry for the family.. but i think id be askin the guy a few more questions.

Jesse

Tommy 17
08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
theres nothing really more to the story... a hundre people witnessed it...

the guy just made a mistake and at 82 the chance of htat behind the wheel def increases alot...

08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
what are the legal ramifications of this Tommy? If he was younger I can guarantee he would be looking at some problems, especially if that wasn't his wife. Do you think if he was in a big city he would be on trial?

250R-Dee
08-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Everybody should have to retest or attend driver education every year because I have seen way too many 16~45 year olds that should not be allowed to pilot any type of vehicle driving on our precious US roadways. Multiply the US driving problems by 15 and you will have Japan and Korea. Mainland China is a combat zone when it comes to driving so it's driving issues can not be calculated.

Even at his age, the driver can be charged with vehicular manslaughter but I doubt that will happen. The court will most likely figure that he has suffered more than enough by the accident.

Oh yeah, my name is Dee. Japan doesn't doesn't quite fit my personality, it's merely a place of work. :D

Tommy 17
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
what are the legal ramifications of this Tommy? If he was younger I can guarantee he would be looking at some problems, especially if that wasn't his wife. Do you think if he was in a big city he would be on trial?

i haven't heard anything about legal stuff yet... i'll let u know thou...

all i know is that right now hes in a hospital room with nothing in there that he can kill himself with... hes on suicide watch...

brink400
08-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Well at least she got to live to be an old woman. In the past 2 years I've had to bury my twin brother and 2 friends from high school. None of them ever reached the age of 20. All 3 were killed in car accidents. Old people are supposed to die, but it really throws you off when you hear of a young person dying.