PDA

View Full Version : cr bend pro tapers?

09-18-2001, 04:50 PM
does anyone run the CR bend pro tapers on their quad? are they as wide as the stock CR bars? how do you like the way they feel and ride? thanks

09-19-2001, 03:44 PM
i would like to see some comments on this too.if you reply,specify if you will,weather you run CR HIGH or CR LOW

CHAR250R
09-21-2001, 09:21 AM
I run CR low Pro tapers on my 400ex. AWESOME!!!!! They are a little wider than stock CR bars. I also have a Roll Design +2" steering stem. This puts the low Pro tapers at the same height as the stock 400ex bars. I lengthened the weak stock stem 2" to get the height I was comfortable with. I got a set of Pro taper mounts from Bad Racing Products to put on the stock stem. I just bent the stock stem last week. I hit a tree with the left side of the bars. It bent the stock stem like it was tinfoil. The Pro tapers didn't even get a scratch! I'm waiting for the Roll Design stem to show up. I ordered it with the anti-vibe bar mounts. If you're looking for a set of bullit proof bars, Get the Pro tapers. It's worth the extra loot. I'm pretty sure the tree would have bent most of the other 7/8 bars. Good luck. Ride on.

09-21-2001, 10:56 AM
how did you go about lengthening the stock steering stem

09-21-2001, 01:30 PM
and one last thing, whats the difference between cr high and cr low? im 15 and when i rode my friends cr125, it was hard to control cuz of the bars being so wide, is that what its like with cr bend on a quad?

CHAR250R
09-21-2001, 07:26 PM
I cut it with a steel pipe cutter to get a square cut. Then my Father machined me a piece 6" long that slipped into each end of the cut stem. It has a step on each end which is machined on a 45 degree angle so it had more welding surface. After I welded it, all you could see was the 2" piece that is the same size as the stem, which made it 2" longer. I put this piece in just below the steering clamp so it was hidden from view. I don't recommend this. The stock 400ex stem is weak as it is. Making it longer makes it even weaker. The width of my Pro tapers are: 32 1/4". All bends are different. They are different in the rise and pull back. I have always run CR bends on my ATVs and dirtbikes. That's the bend that's comfortable to me. The bars should be comfortable in your hands. The wider the bar, the more control you'll have. It may take some time to find a bend you like. Good luck. Ride on.

09-22-2001, 03:00 AM
what would you think if i took a piece of pipe and ran it down into the stem and welded it up...think that would bre stupid or not..it should make it stronger

CHAR250R
09-22-2001, 07:54 PM
It doesn't matter how you lengthen it. Eventually it will bend. Take a shot. What have you got to lose? Maybe a few teeth? Only joking. I have 2 lengthened stock stems. 1 I just bent, and the other I'm running now so I can at least ride my 400ex. Trust me, spend the money on an aftermarket lengthened stem. The stock one will bend. Good luck. Ride on.