PDA

View Full Version : sound comparing

400exrider26
08-01-2005, 06:18 AM
my friend has a fmf megmax 2 full pipe that he just got because it came with the bike he just bought(300ex). I wanted to get a hmf slip on for my 400ex but i was worried about the sound... cant be to loud, ride lots of woods and near peoples houses... so when i hear his pipe today (the megamax) will i be able to judge how loud my pipe would be around or is there a big sound diffrence as in db's between those to pipes? sorry for the long post

08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
White bros e-series! they give out awesome gains and can be tuned for sound and power. I love mine and it gave awesome performance gains. if you want i could get a sound clip for you

phildogg
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
White bros e-series! they give out awesome gains and can be tuned for sound and power. I love mine and it gave awesome performance gains. if you want i could get a sound clip for you

I second that. I don't know alot about the other pipes but I have the e-series and like it.
phil

WheelerBob
08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Just my .02 I had a hmf on my 250ex and it was loud as hell, sounded great though, I had to get the quiet core for it because the neighbors kept calling the law. Hope this help's.:D :D :D :D

rooster_20
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I say E-series also, you can put the spark arrestor in to quiet it down and if thats not enough you can buy the quiet core. I love mine hope this helps

Billy

400exrider26
08-02-2005, 07:13 AM
does the quit core work good? do those two pipes compare in sound? (megamax and the hmf w/ or w/o quit core)

muddy400EX
08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
i have a hmf and i really dont think its that loud (i run no spark arrestor or quiet core to) but maybe thats just me. the only thing i woud consider loud is a yfz with a tc shorty pipe. i recommend hmf and if its too loud then get the sparky/quiet core combo.

muddy400EX
08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider26
does the quit core work good? do those two pipes compare in sound? (megamax and the hmf w/ or w/o quit core)

the megamax and hmf have 2 totally different sounds. the mega is a higher pitched sound because thats what discs pipes sound like. the hmf is a low sound and it sounds awesome. i personally dont like discs pipes, i used to have a e-series and i like my hmf much more