PDA

View Full Version : 400ex ripping again (or was)

greg_gorrell
07-31-2005, 08:58 PM
i bought a high comp piston and an exhaust a little while ago but i have been working a lot and havent had a chance to put them in until thursday night. so i go it all together and everything and i was breaking in the piston putting around town and down to the honda shop to buy some jets so i could jet it for the new exhaust. it was backfiring a bit. so when i went down there i had pretty much used over a quarter tank of gas so i was cracking on it every once in awhile and notice a rattleing in the engine. so i got to the honda shop and pulled it into the garage and took a look at it and relized my timing chain was the rattling. i must have put the tensioner in wrong which is why its loose. so i road home and parked it. today a came out and went to fire it up and it didnt seem like th battery had enough power to roll it over so i pop started it and it was clicking like a mother****er and wouldnt stay running. it must have jumped time so i have to tear it back apart tommorrow and fix my timing and tensioner. but that piston and exhaust gave it so much more power. i took all the disks out of the e-series to level out the powerband to my liking but i can be going down the trail half throttle in 3rd gear and crack on it and it will spin my razr 2's. im loving it. anyways, if your looking for an awesome power increase then go with the high comp piston and aftermarket slip-on.