PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Question!

Matt37
07-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I was wondering the difference in HP out put between the Camaro SS and just the regular camaro... Iam talking gen. 4 camaros.

07-31-2005, 09:23 PM
i dunno that much about camaros, im a mustang man, but do you really have a judge, got any pics

Matt37
07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Mustangs........ who likes those turds??? GM FOR LIFE!!!.... Ha just playing with you man, Thanks for the help anyway. Here are your pics.

http://ultimategto.com/pow/pow0432a.jpg

http://ultimategto.com/pow/pow0432b.jpg

wantablaster
07-31-2005, 09:39 PM
i think the regular ones had something around 300 ad the ss had 345 hp im pretty sure thats what they had

nosliw
07-31-2005, 09:43 PM
holy crap

have any interior shots?

wantablaster
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
wow that gto is awesome did you restore it is it all factory and did you ever run it in the quarter

Matt37
07-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
holy crap

have any interior shots?

None of them are loaded onto the computer, Its going to Barrett Jackson this year.. so we will see what i can get for her. Hopefully enough to get my next toy I have in mind...(70 LS6). I will try to get the pics loaded onto my computer later. But the interior was just re-done this winter along with the whole car so they look like a brand new cars leather would look like.

wow that gto is awesome did you restore it is it all factory and did you ever run it in the quarter

Yes, it is all original #'s matching. The history of the car goes like this. This car was found in a barn in PA in 1998. At that time i was looking for a Judge in need of a resto for quit a long time. Told the guy i wanted it, bought it, did a complete frame off resto in the winter of 2000. Since then i added little things here and there. This summer, actually about 3 weeks ago i got it judged at the Pontiac Restorers Society. They judge on orginality and i got a 395 out of 400. Was shocked at that score. Usually the closer you get to a perfect score the more ridiculious the judges get. Case in point i got 3 points off because there was a piece of gravel stuck in between the tread of my tire...:rolleyes:. Yea, so i was extremely happy with my score. I only heard of one guy getting a perfect score when judged. And he put on rubber gloves when driving it onto a trailer :macho. But iam proud of it, and am only the second owner of it.
As for quarter mile iam not a guy to race old muscle cars dragging. Plus, why drag these when you got a c5??

cotttonwoody
07-31-2005, 10:09 PM
http://camarossworld.com/Specifications/

Rich250RRacer
07-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Very nice Judge. Ram Air III or IV? Auto or 4-speed? No hide-aways, I like that.

honda350r
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Nice car ! The 70 Chev will cost more than the Pontiac will bring !

Old muscle cars aren't that fast compared to the times that the new cars run today!!

Matt37
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Very nice Judge. Ram Air III or IV? Auto or 4-speed? No hide-aways, I like that.

Its a R/A III, I wish it was a IV they are in the six figures now. It is a Auto which i dont like but i dont mind it either. I would have prefered 4 speed, but since original Judges are so hard to find. I had to take it. Also i agree with you on the hide-aways. The hide-aways are very hard to keep straight and lined up as well.

Matt37
07-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Nice car ! The 70 Chev will cost more than the Pontiac will bring !

Old muscle cars aren't that fast compared to the times that the new cars run today!!

Yea, but nothing can compare to them. I dont care what anybody says. There is nothing like the sounds of a 427. And regular 70 Chevelles bring less than a judge will. However a ls6 will bring more, But a regular 396 Chevelles will bring much less than what the Judges are worth considering they made 2,500 Judges in 69 and about 100,000 Chevelles in 70. I would never trade the Judge for a regular Chevelle would have to be an LS5 or LS6. Or it would be a horrable deal for me, collector wise.
To me today kids choices in cars suck, I mean all you see is imports and crap.. what the hell is going on?? I mean i hope those kids just get those cars because they are cheap and dont actually think they are fast...Really ashame to see it. When i was in HS we had street races every friday night and all you saw was Camaros.mustangs, and olds 442's.

Scott-300ex
08-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Matt37
Yea, but nothing can compare to them. I dont care what anybody says. There is nothing like the sounds of a 427. And regular 70 Chevelles bring less than a judge will. However a ls6 will bring more, But a regular 396 Chevelles will bring much less than what the Judges are worth considering they made 2,500 Judges in 69 and about 100,000 Chevelles in 70. I would never trade the Judge for a regular Chevelle would have to be an LS5 or LS6. Or it would be a horrable deal for me, collector wise.
To me today kids choices in cars suck, I mean all you see is imports and crap.. what the hell is going on?? I mean i hope those kids just get those cars because they are cheap and dont actually think they are fast...Really ashame to see it. When i was in HS we had street races every friday night and all you saw was Camaros.mustangs, and olds 442's.

im with you dude

i work on my car, hell, i just put a new clutch and flywheel in it wednesday

i got old carberator cuz i like it better in my 5.0

my car may not be your style but its still old school stuff, and yeah, sound on a car like that is way better than the new fuel injection with cats cars, can't compare

just like everybody else im not into all these ricers thinkin they're tough chit, they talk all a bunch of stuff, you ask them if they want to race they make up an excuse, half these kids i hate anyway cuz they are just retards

this one kid i don't like, comes up to me and starts braggin about this "wing" he's getting, cuz he needs downforce in the back on his front wheel drive cavalier :rolleyes: and he has one on there now, stock one, so like i've seen many times they have 2 on their, the stock one and the aftermarket one cuz they aren't smart enough to notice, then he asks me how much i like his exhaust, a friggin fart can, i just walked away from him

and you wouldn't believe all the kids around here that put racing seats and 5 point racing harness's and clip off steering wheels and all this interior racing stuff in their stock cavaliers, and i am not kidding, i almost puked on this one car cuz i saw it

its disgusting

im not a pro or anything just sayin what i saw

Matt37
08-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

and you wouldn't believe all the kids around here that put racing seats and 5 point racing harness's and clip off steering wheels and all this interior racing stuff in their stock cavaliers, and i am not kidding, i almost puked on this one car cuz i saw it

its disgusting

im not a pro or anything just sayin what i saw

Thats pretty funny, Its like they think it is to fast they need extra support so they put racing seats belt on them.... LOL

Matt37
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
by the way, thanks cotton for the Camaro specs.

MRH Racing
08-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Freakin sick car man.....and the guy that said the chevelle is worth more than that......:rolleyes:

Scott-300ex
08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
holy crap, the kid got his wing on his cavalier, stock cavalier

its 2 feet tall!!!!!!!

OMG ITS THE STUPIDEST!!!!!!! THING YOU'VE SEEN IN YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i laughed for 10 minutes i bet, then i saw him drive by today, i was in pizza hut, i had to set down my food just so i wouldn't make a mess when i laughed

i gotta get a picture and show you guys

haha