PDA

View Full Version : f-150 probs :(

2004exrider
07-31-2005, 01:23 PM
alrite i hope theres some ford guys on here. i have a feeling my catalytic convertors are clogged. last year i had duals put on after my cats and it sounded pretty good. earlier this last year it started sounding a little quieter and it kept getting a little quieter after a while. my check engine light would start to pop on after it got really warmed up and stay on for like 5mins or so then shut off. then in july, the tube for my egr valve (before my cats) just completely snapped off, doent look to be rust related either. im guessing that it snapped because of the cats being clogged and had to much back pressure. does this sound rite, or could it be something else?

Jimmy

TheX1992
07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
If those are the only problems then that could be it. Next time the check engine light comes on, run to the part store and have them run a diagnostic on your motor. It will tell you what that light is coming on for.

If your EGR popped off like that because of the backpressure, I would think your truck would be running a little different.

Replace the cats and see if it runs better.

2004exrider
07-31-2005, 08:32 PM
yeah, it wwas feeling a little sluggish (more than usual:o ). damn echeck, if it was up to me id hollow em out. thanks for the help.

Jimmy

Matt37
07-31-2005, 08:56 PM
I took the cats off my vette. There is a company that makes an after-market chip that turns the engine light off if you take the cats out. I know it is illegal but hey the car isnt an everyday drive.

Smokin 440
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
It could easily be the cats, What year and mileage is it? Im guessin its a post 1997 which has 4 cats that can easily be replace w/ 2 highflows, go to your dealer though, i think there might have been some sort of recall :confused:

07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
is there a rotten egg smell while its running? if not then the cats not going bad yet probably just a sensor...

or simply because its a ford :) J/K... you know i couldnt resist.

SixthFloorFreak
07-31-2005, 11:46 PM
yep...your problem is circled on the grill on the front of the truck

:cool:

Dan_Guetter
08-01-2005, 01:43 AM
ppssssshhhh

BlazingYamahaYz
08-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
damn echeck, Jimmy

Emissions check...what's that? Oh that's right, something they don't do in my county.:D :devil: Good luck with that problem bro.

2004exrider
08-01-2005, 09:04 AM
lol, thanks guys. it dont smell like rotton eggs either, i probly wont even worry about it. if it passes then good if it doesnt then ill try and figure it out.

Jimmy

m-townsgreatest
08-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Whats your milage???? at 50,000K the check engine light will go on as well...

Its probably just a sensor, if your not smelling rotten eggs then its not getting clogged up..... could be an o2 sensor that went bad or faulty... simply take it to anyone with a diagnostics tool and it will tell you which sensor it is, and if you dont want to change the sensor they can reset the check engine light for you.

Better yet its a ford, take out the damn bulb for the check engine light, coz it will just keep annoying you :)

EDIT!!! WHOOPS ITS ME DIERWOLF :) FORGOT I MADE THIS NAME TO CRACK ON THAT GUY WITH.