PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GNC MX Round 11 - Unadilla Discussion and Cheer

Admin
07-31-2005, 06:35 AM
Have at it, chat away.

Here's the live coverage (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174215)

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Does anybody know why Jamie Luburgh had a DNF yesterday?

I want to cheer on a few people: Angela Moore, Jamie Luburgh, Cindi Hart, Casey Martin, Chase Cunningham, Josh Chapman and Ross Dantonio

Out_Sider
07-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Com'on Jeremiah Jones!!! :D

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Come on DOug..DOn't let Farr beat you.. Also JOnes:D :macho

quadlee
07-31-2005, 10:14 AM
LETS GO BIG BYRD!!!!!!

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 10:15 AM
What's the hold up..It's 1230 in NY..right?

Ex_Rider43
07-31-2005, 10:19 AM
I want richard pelchat 3 times canadian champ to qualify for the pro class !!

Warnerade
07-31-2005, 10:35 AM
i wonder how farr likes the fox shocks...

TheIceMan
07-31-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah Spader! :cool:

OutlawEX
07-31-2005, 10:40 AM
What happend to Goodman?

quadlee
07-31-2005, 10:40 AM
way to go Joe!

Out_Sider
07-31-2005, 11:02 AM
what happend to natalie?

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
I would like to know what happened to Natalie also? Is he running the #1 plate this race? I saw on ******** that he already has it on his quad.

gmland
07-31-2005, 11:20 AM
just wish I was there, can't wait til Loretta's...

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
thanks for the pics already Harlan. That is one nasty bruise on Natialie's arm.

You don't have the overall for the Womens B/C do you? Thanks!

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Let's get the show rollin..:D

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah Jones:macho

Kilabanshee
07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Who won? Jones with a 3rd and 1st. Byrd with a 2nd and 2nd.

xander1027
07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
what happen to spader in the second moto

quadlee
07-31-2005, 02:01 PM
whats the overall for everyone?????????????????

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Finally Jones get a podium!! Man I wish I was there to see it. He definitly deserved that!!

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Jones took 1st Byrd 2nd..

HOW DID GUST PAST DUNK AND FARR ON THE LAST LAP??:eek2: :D

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 02:12 PM
does any one know how Gust finished?

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
does any one know how Gust finished?

5th on the second moto..

Cdaleracer
07-31-2005, 02:33 PM
thanks, but I left out the "overall" part

z4racer
07-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
thanks, but I left out the "overall" part

I think Gust finished 5th overall and Farr finished 7th

p@iNn3ck
07-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Overall results are now up in the Live Coverage thread (as well as full moto 1 & 2 results)

UKRacer#17
07-31-2005, 02:47 PM
any one know how John mitchell got on in pro-am production???
He is from over here in the UK

BlueZ440
07-31-2005, 02:58 PM
So now the Battle is between both Teammates for 2nd place..Doug Vs Jones. After today is tight at 195:eek2: :D

With Farr at 193..It's on for the Final round:cool: :macho

mxmike17
07-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Go Jones!!!!!!

Dont mean to spoil it but Carmichaels worst lap was 2:38 and his best was 2:16 at Unadilla

You can see MX lap times here....

http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/raceres/mx/otimes.asp?type=m&cls=m2&snct=p7110&year=2005&rnum=1 (http://)

Only reason I looked because I was about to go rag all the mx'rs
on the local message board:devil:

TheFontMaster
07-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
what happend to natalie?

I was watching about 30 feet away when he crashed, I thought the quad was gonna land on him.:eek:

07-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Hope Natalie is alright. Good thing he has the series locked up, sounds like a rough couple weeks for him. Proves he is human, I was starting to wonder.

Does anyone know why Spader switched back to the Yammi? That is kind of a statement, he must have really liked the Yammi better to give that back and the support.

FoxRacing81
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Cron
Hope Natalie is alright. Good thing he has the series locked up, sounds like a rough couple weeks for him. Proves he is human, I was starting to wonder.

Does anyone know why Spader switched back to the Yammi? That is kind of a statement, he must have really liked the Yammi better to give that back and the support.

That's good then! Switches back to the Yammie and gets a win!

450r51
07-31-2005, 04:53 PM
its about time suzuki got a win, ud think with all the money they put in this year they would see some better results!

Warnerade
07-31-2005, 05:32 PM
that last coment about suzuki picking better riders....whats wrong with their current pick of the crowd?

jones has a championship under his belt, and is a very consistent rider as long as he can stay up and running....

gust just had a bad season...happens to everyone

right now both suzuki boys are tied for 2nd with 195 points i think....i realy dont see how you think they should have picked better riders:ermm:

MrP
07-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
its about time suzuki got a win, ud think with all the money they put in this year they would see some better results! they should have picked different riders.

Thats just an ignorant statement!!!!

SRH
07-31-2005, 06:49 PM
that was the most brutal track ive ever ridden but i had a blast...it was unreal how fast the pros were hitting some of that stuff

by the way harlen...was that you that got stung in the face by a bee saturday? ouch hahah:eek2:

z400ACDC
07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Suzuki has a couple of great riders! This year the competition made some big gains and the suzuki did not. The Z needs to lose about 30# and a little more bottom end power and it would be fine.

Warnerade
07-31-2005, 07:00 PM
no...suzuki needs a 450...they dont need to have more bottom end. the problem with their motors is they mod them to be a ticking time bomb basicaly...they need it to be competitive, even though its unreliable.

z03n05
07-31-2005, 07:17 PM
unreliable? how many DNF's did Gust and Jones have with motor problems? That motor is practically bullet proof. It just needs to be on a lighter bike.

Warnerade
07-31-2005, 07:22 PM
LMFAO....you think suzuki is going to sacrifice a little bit of relibility for power when they have all that r&d into the rest of the products?

look at goodman, hes had quite a few motor problems this year...becuase sparks does so much to his motor, becuase his bike doesnt have everything else it needs to be able to make up for the lack of power.

stock...the motors are reliable, there is no question about that...but as soon as you get them into the 50 hp range...its gonna be an iffy investment.

that goes with any motor.

Out_Sider
07-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by z03n05
unreliable? how many DNF's did Gust and Jones have with motor problems? That motor is practically bullet proof. It just needs to be on a lighter bike.

spader blew one up at daniel boone :o

Out_Sider
07-31-2005, 07:25 PM
O YEAH!!

WOOOO THATS THE WAY JONES!!! :macho

SRH
07-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by z03n05

the 2nd moto jones was pointing at his motor to his mehcanic... itwas making noise

07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Gust and Jones had no DNFs because they get new equipment all the time. Spader and Goodman have had engine probs and they are not as fortunate to get the goods like Gust and Jones. That is why. Gust and Jones get a new race bike every other national, a new clutch every moto, and I am sure their engines are probably rebuilt after every national. Goodman and Spader do not get that, taht is why they have DNFs while Gust and Jones do not.

Warnerade
07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
no...goodman has a fresh motor for every weekend...

im sure spader does to.

Atkins
07-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Any word on the results of the 2 pro-am classes???

z400ACDC
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
no...suzuki needs a 450...they dont need to have more bottom end. the problem with their motors is they mod them to be a ticking time bomb basicaly...they need it to be competitive, even though its unreliable.
I am just telling you what Jeremiah told me. He said that the yoshi strokers run pretty good until you bog them down in the tighter sections. After Lorrettas, they can retire the lead sleds and look foward to the new 450:macho

Zwanter
08-01-2005, 07:43 AM
haha led sleds. i must say they are heavy compared to the new 450's but i still wont get rid of mine until the new suzuki comes out.

z400ACDC
08-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh, I love my Z for the trails! I would not trade it for any of the 450 racers. In my 41 years, I have had a lot of great quads(Shee, EX, Raptor). I like the Z the best!:)

Pro1200
08-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Nice job Jones!!

If you looked carefully on Gust's and Jones' LTZ's, they said LTZ450.

fastexgirl4c
08-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
LMFAO....you think suzuki is going to sacrifice a little bit of relibility for power when they have all that r&d into the rest of the products?

look at goodman, hes had quite a few motor problems this year...becuase sparks does so much to his motor, becuase his bike doesnt have everything else it needs to be able to make up for the lack of power.

stock...the motors are reliable, there is no question about that...but as soon as you get them into the 50 hp range...its gonna be an iffy investment.

that goes with any motor.

ill second that!!...

congrats to JONES!

450Racer
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
that's just amazing that Natalie was running only 4 seconds slower than Carmichael's lap times. Check out Natalie arm in that pic. there's no way he was running 100%. i bet if he was in top shape, he would be one or two seconds slower. that's just awesome to see quads being this fast. i never thought it would happen. congrats to Jones for the win! this year's coverage has been AWESOME as well as the season has been. i'm looking forward to the last round and the new 450's coming out.

TC426EX
08-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Man, I dont know whats been up with Farr the last few rounds, but its getting frustrating!

chad502ex
08-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Harlen,

Those digital pictures are the best I've seen just about anywhere. You could print those on poster prints and sell for big bucks that's how good they are imo.

kudos.

RACERMOM
08-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
I am just telling you what Jeremiah told me. He said that the yoshi strokers run pretty good until you bog them down in the tighter sections. After Lorrettas, they can retire the lead sleds and look foward to the new 450:macho
:huh No...don't think Jeremiah told much anything like that. YES....you can only max out that 400 cc engine to a certain point and YES they are ticking time bombs. Yes they need to bring out that 450........soon. BUT NO don't think Jeremiah would call his paycheck a ticking time bomb! As for calling the Z a lead sled......nah don't think so. YES the STOCK Z may be heavier, but not a fully loaded racing Z. AND yes I WOULD know before you get ticked at me.

syckNtwisted121
08-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
that's just amazing that Natalie was running only 4 seconds slower than Carmichael's lap times. Check out Natalie arm in that pic. there's no way he was running 100%. i bet if he was in top shape, he would be one or two seconds slower. that's just awesome to see quads being this fast. i never thought it would happen.

Just so everyone knows, the quads weren't running the COMPLETE pro track that the likes of RC and company were doing. For anyone who was there, 2 turns after gravity Cavity, "the apple tree turn" the pro bikes make a sharp right after that tree and make a sharp left on after the tree just down the hill, easily adds 3-4 second per lap. Also, the whoop section in the back that the pros & pro-am were doing, RC, Bubba and Kevin Windham were hitting the first whoop, jumping all the way to the second to last one and then jumping all the way up to the plateau, It was sick !!!! Not taking anything away from the pro quad guys ( I do race quads after all) I jut dont want anyone to go talking shizzle to a biker and then realize they are wrong LOL

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
What a weekend .... Best racing I've ever seen hands down .

In moto #1 , a ground wire came loose on Natalies quad with about 1/2 lap to go . The second moto he was pushing a little too hard and took a soil sample .

There was something wrong with Gust's quad , cuz after moto #1 , I heard Paul Turner appologizing to Gust about it. Gust seemed to be in pain also after practice .

Sky Jump was just amazing to watch ... furthest I seen anyone fly off of it was about 130-140 feet ... INSANE .

Gotta give it props out to my fellow Canadian Richard Pelchat ( Pro class #46) for making the main and putting on a great ride .

I have about 100 digital pictures that I took .... I'll post the best ones slowly .

Harlen ... thanks for the ATVRider.com stickers at the podium celebration .

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Paul Turner telling Gust " Sorry Dig "

400exBro
08-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Props to Richard for getting to race with the pros, he was running the pro am class as well!!!
also to Greg Gee, one of our local up and coming racers, he ran the production A class and was hauling, for his 2nd year racing he is deffiantly going some where...
I have lots of pics from the pro pratice on sunday, i was standing right beside the sky shot... Tavis Cain was busting out some freestyle for us, Dunk and Brown were also putting on a show...

Awsome racing all weekend, loved that track, and the screw u loop (or what ever it is called) is one steep hill, you can barely walk down without falling.
i will get some pics up tomorrow since i just got home.

PaulNiemiec#88
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
How about that guy launching the snowmobile 100 feet out of the gravity cavity.... I thought that was pretty insane...The sky shot was by far the funnest jump i have ever hit and what made me feel even better i was one of the only b riders to be launching it during race day sat and sunday. Nothing like sailing 120+ feet...Idk if i liked the track as a whole tho to boring if u ask me... i would have rather ran southwick again...just my thoughts tho

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Props to Richard for getting to race with the pros, he was running the pro am class as well!!!
also to Greg Gee, one of our local up and coming racers, he ran the production A class and was hauling, for his 2nd year racing he is deffiantly going some where...
I have lots of pics from the pro pratice on sunday, i was standing right beside the sky shot... Tavis Cain was busting out some freestyle for us, Dunk and Brown were also putting on a show...

Awsome racing all weekend, loved that track, and the screw u loop (or what ever it is called) is one steep hill, you can barely walk down without falling.
i will get some pics up tomorrow since i just got home.

I didn't know Gee was running .... damn !!!!

I'd have liked to have gone over near sky shot and Screw U loop , but there was no way I'd have been able to walk all that distance .

How long did it take you to get home??

I hauled butt from Sudbury to Niagara in 5 hours on Friday :D

On the way home we went through Kingston .... 2 1/2 hours or so to the border and no wait at Customs . Left the track at 5pm ... was checked into our hotel in Kingston by 8:30 ( plus we spent 25 minutes in Kingston looking for Hotels)

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by PaulNiemiec#88
How about that guy launching the snowmobile 100 feet out of the gravity cavity.... I thought that was pretty insane...The sky shot was by far the funnest jump i have ever hit and what made me feel even better i was one of the only b riders to be launching it during race day sat and sunday. Nothing like sailing 120+ feet...Idk if i liked the track as a whole tho to boring if u ask me... i would have rather ran southwick again...just my thoughts tho

Yeah ... it was a pretty nice jump on the sled ... but I have seen bigger in the snow . He'd have hurt himself if he'd have launched off skyshot .... I think he had the brains to say No to jumping it .

I'll give you props for hitting sky shot .... you were flying down that hill . How was the landing??

TheFontMaster
08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I didn't know Gee was running .... damn !!!!

I'd have liked to have gone over near sky shot and Screw U loop , but there was no way I'd have been able to walk all that distance .

Was screw u loop the part of the track with that steep hill that you can't see from the bleechers that they only opened for the pro and pro am riders? I have 2 good legs and nearly killed myself going down that.

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Was screw u loop the part of the track with that steep hill that you can't see from the bleechers that they only opened for the pro and pro am riders? I have 2 good legs and nearly killed myself going down that.

Yup !!!! Wish I could have went down there to see some racing.

TheFontMaster
08-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I think one of the anouncers said that that hill was the steepest in the series, even steeper than the hill at Lorretta's I think is the track. Some how when I decided to walk around the track to get to the sky shot, the pro am class was racing so I watched there a few minutes. They were still goin when I got to the sky shot, there is nothing like watching quads jump 100+ feet when you are right next to the jump. The hill on the very back of the track, even though it was right in the sun was probably my favorite place to watch on the track, you had a good view of the sky shot, and the drop off, you could see a little of screw u loop, and gravity cavity was off in the distance.

Elka83
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
where are the pics at?? somone said there was pics?

Admin
08-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Elka83
where are the pics at?? somone said there was pics?

Here are Some Pics (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=174215) with many more coming soon.

PaulNiemiec#88
08-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah ... it was a pretty nice jump on the sled ... but I have seen bigger in the snow . He'd have hurt himself if he'd have launched off skyshot .... I think he had the brains to say No to jumping it .

I'll give you props for hitting sky shot .... you were flying down that hill . How was the landing??

The landing was actually not to bad. The first time i hit it was in like the second age practice and everyone was telling me 4th wide open. So i did it and landed really really far down deff around 135 and it was a little rough but not to bad. Actually when i hit it the first tiem i seen myself going way past the landing and thought about bailing but im glad i stayed on

Admin
08-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Paul leading the way:macho

z400ACDC
08-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by RACERMOM
:huh No...don't think Jeremiah told much anything like that. YES....you can only max out that 400 cc engine to a certain point and YES they are ticking time bombs. Yes they need to bring out that 450........soon. BUT NO don't think Jeremiah would call his paycheck a ticking time bomb! As for calling the Z a lead sled......nah don't think so. YES the STOCK Z may be heavier, but not a fully loaded racing Z. AND yes I WOULD know before you get ticked at me. Mom,get back in the kitchen! I live about 3 miles from JJ and talk to him about once a week. Oh hell, your not worth it!:rolleyes:

Quad18star
08-01-2005, 10:04 PM
The landing was actually not to bad. The first time i hit it was in like the second age practice and everyone was telling me 4th wide open. So i did it and landed really really far down deff around 135 and it was a little rough but not to bad. Actually when i hit it the first tiem i seen myself going way past the landing and thought about bailing but im glad i stayed on

Good choice to stay with it ... bailing would have hurt !!!! ;)

Elka83
08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Here are Some Pics (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=174215) with many more coming soon.

u get any pics of youth production?

BlueZ440
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
What I want to know is.... how was the pass on DUnk and Farr from Digger? Was it a sweet pass or what? In the live coverage it said white flag out Farr was pressuring Dunk and Doug followed..Then next thing you know Doug beats them both:confused:

Thanks

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
What I want to know is.... how was the pass on DUnk and Farr from Digger? Was it a sweet pass or what? In the live coverage it said white flag out Farr was pressuring Dunk and Doug followed..Then next thing you know Doug beats them both:confused:

Thanks

Dunk was being pressured by Farr the whole race .... right after the whoop section , there was a corner .... both Dunk and Farr went into the corner hard ... a little too hard .... they both rubbed wheels for about 2 seconds which slowed them up just a little bit ... Gust took advantage of it and was able to get around them .

That's what I was able to see from up in the bleechers .... maybe someone closer to the action knows a bit more of what happened .

400exBro
08-02-2005, 06:47 AM
i was standing right there when Doug Gust passed both Dunk and Farr.
Going to the up hill whoop section, Farr followed dunk for some reason, and dunk slowed down a bit at the top of the whoop section, allowing Gust to fly by both of them in the whoop section. They were hauling ***!!!

Also, why was Tim Farr running Fox shocks? or that is what they looked like, tim was not running pep becuase they had remote rezzies, and where all black.

BlueZ440
08-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Dunk was being pressured by Farr the whole race .... right after the whoop section , there was a corner .... both Dunk and Farr went into the corner hard ... a little too hard .... they both rubbed wheels for about 2 seconds which slowed them up just a little bit ... Gust took advantage of it and was able to get around them .

That's what I was able to see from up in the bleechers .... maybe someone closer to the action knows a bit more of what happened .

thanks

p@iNn3ck
08-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440

I wanted to know the same thing...... I miss Banger already.... these new announcers didnt impress me, too much bs'in. Hopefully they get better for the last race and next season.

400exBro
08-02-2005, 06:56 AM
sorry, the pic is a bit blury...
This guy was flying!!!

400exBro
08-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Richard

PaulNiemiec#88
08-02-2005, 07:17 AM
This guy was flying!!!

That guy your refering to is me :D haha and thank you very much

ShiftRacr400
08-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Farr was running Fox Float shocks

ShiftRacr400
08-02-2005, 07:19 AM

Z-400 Mom
08-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by SRH
the 2nd moto jones was pointing at his motor to his mehcanic... itwas making noise

:macho Yep he was.............the guy was ROLLIN".....pullin' some wicked RPM's!

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by SRH

I seen that too ... he was also shaking his head while comming through the mechanics area and comming around the corner right before the Gravity Cavity .

Quad18star
08-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Here's a few pictures that I took during the weekend .

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174531

Pro1200
08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Here are a few nice pics my brother took. Check out the LTZ-450!!http://www.accessphoto.com/zerothread?id=1138. He took like 300, lol. Hey ShiftRacr400, where in CT you live, i'm in Danbury, maybe we can meet up and ride. I'm in the H-bomb films tee w/ John Natalie.

-David

Kilabanshee
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM

Paul you should have hit it the same way you hit the 100' tripple at rausch. That would have sucked to bail on a jump like that!

SRH
08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
anyone get any pics of the c classes?

alexk
08-02-2005, 10:33 PM
This guy was flying!!!
Yeah, that's my buddy Paul Niemiec. He races 4 Stroke B and 265 B.

Harvey
08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
pro1200......nice (very clear) pics

Quad18star
08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
...:devil: :p

Pro1200
08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks, my bro has a nice camera.