PDA

View Full Version : Alright Rossier pipe owners!

Jonas
07-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I am thinking of getting a Rossier pipe but here it is. I am curious if you can take off the ROSSIER writing on the pipe without damaging/scratching it. The main reason why is that I am married and the wife will never notice if I throw a pipe on it, if I take off the writing. "Why you f-ing sissy", some of you might say. The married guys might understand me on this, because whatever I spend on my quad my wife will probably spend on crafts or something.

I have heard that the Rossier is fairly quiet compared to most and puts out good power. What's the word and how do you like your exhaust.

DJJ450r
07-30-2005, 09:26 PM
i dont know about quiet but i have the shorty. and u can probably take off the writing without damaging it. it puts out great power i love mine. hope this helps ne more ?s let me know:D

Jonas
07-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Do they make a short and long round can?

DJJ450r
07-30-2005, 09:37 PM
yep the loung one is quiter i think 96-97 db with spark arrestor and 101-102 w/o the short one is 101-102 with spark arrestor 104-105 w/o and the short one has 1 more hp

Jonas
07-30-2005, 10:25 PM
What Rossier pipe was the shootout done with?

Moto92
07-30-2005, 11:52 PM
the wppracing dyno runs were done with the short can and its about a .5 hp difference in the two.
and some 1500 grit sand paper and a little mothers aluminum polish with take care of the logo on the side.

370kingR
07-31-2005, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
I am thinking of getting a Rossier pipe but here it is. I am curious if you can take off the ROSSIER writing on the pipe without damaging/scratching it. The main reason why is that I am married and the wife will never notice if I throw a pipe on it, if I take off the writing. "Why you f-ing sissy", some of you might say. The married guys might understand me on this, because whatever I spend on my quad my wife will probably spend on crafts or something.

I have heard that the Rossier is fairly quiet compared to most and puts out good power. What's the word and how do you like your exhaust.

Married guy here....YOU F'IN SISSY!! LOL J/K

The writing on the can is just a sticker and definetly will come off. Great pipe by the way :D

Jonas
07-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Alright, it is just a sticker that will peel off when its new I'm assuming? Thanks for the info. I saw that someone wrote that the Rossier was one of the quietest pipes in the shootout as well? It will probably be that one or the HMF for me, unless they have a bigger pipe shootout soon. The requirement at the Oregon Dunes for sound is 93 db I believe. I Know that I will be above that but I am still looking to stay as low as possible. Also, when I get older I don't want to be saying "HUH, WHAT DID YOU SAY", all of the time. I guess I could just where ear plugs though:)

iceracer65
07-31-2005, 08:50 AM
if the long can is still too loud for you, you can just stack a few spark arrester screens in the end.

it gets VERY quiet with a couple screens in the end...im sure you would loose a little power, but nothing too noticeable.

RedRaider
07-31-2005, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have any pics of the long can. And does anyone know how many db an hmf slip on is?

Jonas
07-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
the wppracing dyno runs were done with the short can and its about a .5 hp difference in the two.
and some 1500 grit sand paper and a little mothers aluminum polish with take care of the logo on the side.

Where did you get the .5 horse info?

Moto92
07-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Where did you get the .5 horse info?

wppracing pm'd me an gave me that info
heres the pm i got

"I am using the short can. That is what the dyno runs were done with. The long can is alittle quieter and reduce hp about .5hp
They cost the same"

cals400ex
07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
the short can made 0.3 horsepower difference, according to rossier when i bought mine. the long can does look kind of goofy because it is longer. i actually wish my short can was a hair shorter than it is. it is just a sticker on the side. however, it isn't one big sticker. each letter is an individual sticker. it looks like it would come right off if you tried though.

RacinMason_690
07-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I have a picture for you but I dont know how to post them on here so if you could give me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.

Got nads?
07-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Just tell your wife you put a rossier sticker on the side of the stock exhaust, cause it looks cool!:devil:

Pepto_Bismol
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
The married guys might understand me on this, because whatever I spend on my quad my wife will probably spend on crafts or something.

Ain't that the truth. I just spent about 4500.00 on my quad, now all I ever hear it " Well, where my money so I can go shopping...."

But in all honesty, I can't keep it Secret from her.....She usually gives in anyway. (Definately don't deserve her lol).

I just spent 450 on a Big Gun EVO exhuast, I love it. Very crips throttle response, pluse, the billet aluminum goes with all of the transluscent red suspension parts I just bought.

Good Luck!

Pepto:cool:

Jonas
08-01-2005, 10:54 PM
What should I expect to pay for the Rossier?

chad502ex
08-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Alright, it is just a sticker that will peel off when its new I'm assuming? Thanks for the info. I saw that someone wrote that the Rossier was one of the quietest pipes in the shootout as well? It will probably be that one or the HMF for me, unless they have a bigger pipe shootout soon. The requirement at the Oregon Dunes for sound is 93 db I believe. I Know that I will be above that but I am still looking to stay as low as possible. Also, when I get older I don't want to be saying "HUH, WHAT DID YOU SAY", all of the time. I guess I could just where ear plugs though:)

I'd bet Joe would even sell without the sticker to you if you called him and made the request...

cals400ex
08-03-2005, 01:03 AM
oh yeah, i would think he could to do that. i paid $389 for my rossier short can with no spark arrestor. but that was when he had a deal going on. i think they are between $400 and $450 if i remember correctly.

RacinMason_690
08-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by iceracer65
if the long can is still too loud for you, you can just stack a few spark arrester screens in the end.

it gets VERY quiet with a couple screens in the end...im sure you would loose a little power, but nothing too noticeable.

Where do you get the screens from? Mine blew out and I need a new one to ride the trails.

450Racer
08-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Pepto_Bismol
Ain't that the truth. I just spent about 4500.00 on my quad, now all I ever hear it " Well, where my money so I can go shopping...."

But in all honesty, I can't keep it Secret from her.....She usually gives in anyway. (Definately don't deserve her lol).

I just spent 450 on a Big Gun EVO exhuast, I love it. Very crips throttle response, pluse, the billet aluminum goes with all of the transluscent red suspension parts I just bought.

Good Luck!

Pepto:cool:

i'm with you on the Big Gun. i have the full system but that thing rocks. the EvoX system with the vortex insert is 94-96db which isn't a whole lot louder than the stock silencer. it just sounds deeper and heartier. i love the Big Gun. i'd take a look at that before you go and invest in a Rossier. i'm not saying they are a bad pipe, not one bit but the Big Gun will put out close numbers on the dyno, it's quiet, powerful, looks good, and isn't really expensive.