PDA

View Full Version : Water stories!

yellow400ex05
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Tell me some of the stories of how you guys and girls sank your quads in water after a flood or went floating down a river, etc. And what you did to get it out,and how long it took to get it back running.

Well heres my story. One day after a big flood I got stuck by a bridge and the water was covering the trail and I didn't know how deep it was so I had no choice but to go through it. It turned out the water was so deep that it was up to the bottom of the gas tank. When i got out of the water my quad stalled!!!! Talk about LUCK! :eek2:

250xridamatt
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Sounds like you have a story to tell.

07-30-2005, 08:21 PM
i went swimming once

400exc
07-30-2005, 08:42 PM
kickerkfx444 i went swimming once

nice one!!!! me too!

redlineranger
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
riding thru a creek and drivin into a huge hole so i stood on the bars and pinned it and it stood straight up and yea:ermm: , i had problems then:scary:

honda_racer_713
07-30-2005, 09:21 PM
well one time i was up at my buddies house. He has a MX track built around his pond. So im riding and i come up to this double that he just built and we hadnt tested out yet. So i sed screw it and nailed the jump. Well i ended up casing the jump and the quad flipped over about 4 times before landing right in the middle of the pond upside down with only the tires showing above the water.....3 hours and 8 oil changes later its back up and running again:D

lol not really that great of a story but it was really hard to get out of the pond

07-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Funny this topic came up..

this happened just a few hours ago.

We have a tropical depression over us at the moment and its been raining for a day and a 1/2 straight.

i went to visit a friend of mine and he had his car parked across the street, i guess the hills couldnt hold anymore water so all the streets turned into rivers..

Anyways, after seeing stuff like garbage bins (the big metal ones that the garbage trucks pick up) flying down the road in the river we decide to try to get to his car because it seemed it had inched forward a bit and might get taken away in the fast running water.

We locked elbows and proceeded to try and cross the street which must have been about 1 foot deep with what seemed to be 20mph moving water..

We took like maybe 2 or 3 steps and BAM!! we both went down
he tried to hold on to something on the side but couldnt so we both went for a joyride on your asses down the street about 2-3 blocks before we made it the the side.

Needless to say i have cuts on my palms and both of us had no *** bottoms left on our pants only underwear showing..

I have some video of the rushing water and pants LOL but i its his camera i will post the pictures up tomorrow when i get the files from him.

i always watched those 9-11 shows on tv and see people being pushed down by water and i would always thing, sheesh these people are panzies.... Boy lemme tell you 1 foot of water moving that fast is a *****!..

WAS FUN THOUGH!!! if it continues tomorrow i might break out the boogie board and go down the entire street :)

YFZ450Ridr
07-30-2005, 10:14 PM
this story explains itself pretty much. hot day + wide open + waterhole = title wave:devil:

07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
PS Fruit of the Looms are more durable than Levi jeans ;)

Punk'd
07-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
this story explains itself pretty much. hot day + wide open + waterhole = title wave:devil:

haha what a fun day james, but man was that back in the day!

Me
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/8294/f6b1c42d9dz.jpg

James
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/4144/f6b1c4574jv.jpg

The aftermath of james getting stuck haha he tried pushing it out (from the back hanging off the bike) and suddenly he found traction and the thing took off from right under him and he fell flat on his face HAHHAHA
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/4920/f6b1c4400wa.jpg

2002400ex
07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
I watched my friend on his artic cat go floatin downstream at the creek.

z400roosteR
07-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by 400exc
kickerkfx444 i went swimming once

nice one!!!! me too!

And i thought i was the only one!:D :blah:

thrasher_ex
07-31-2005, 08:55 AM
went canoeing with a couple friends and took dads truck to the drop off and left our kodiak 4x4 where we would stop. so we finally made it after about 3 hours when it shoulda taken 2 because one of my friends is a dumbass, anyways, yeah so instead of going through town on a quad, there are quad trails all along the river and i decided to take those. i took one of my friends with my and made the other one wait at the canoe. so we got about half way there and we HAD to cross the river. well i obviously didnt see it, and there was a huge sink hole in the river. so the quad went all the way under for about 15 seconds then just dies.

ended up frying the entire electrical system, getting water in all the enternals.....really nothing bad and cheap to fix:rolleyes: :mad:

Scott-300ex
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
man i always bust up laughin when i see james layin on the ground in that picture

ever watch huevos 4?

"And thats hard fer me ta do cuz i ain't got no teeeeeef."

lmao, that chits so funny

thats some mud ridin, with 10 foot snorkles

400Rider022
07-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
haha what a fun day james, but man was that back in the day!

Me
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/8294/f6b1c42d9dz.jpg

James
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/4144/f6b1c4574jv.jpg

The aftermath of james getting stuck haha he tried pushing it out (from the back hanging off the bike) and suddenly he found traction and the thing took off from right under him and he fell flat on his face HAHHAHA
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/4920/f6b1c4400wa.jpg
hey wasnt that second pic in dirtwheels a while back?? i remember seeing that somewhere and it wasnt here

gratzracing24
07-31-2005, 02:09 PM
where we ride its on top of a big hill then to get out u have to go down and then back up a hill well its liek a big valley and all the water goes into it...well it was a really nice day and it just started to look really bad out so we were sitting around bs ing and it started to pour and its old lime mines where we ride so there are liek 5 abondoned buildings so we go to the other side of the bottom and about 100 yards from the building my friends blaster stalls he tries to start it and the plug is filed so i jump off my bike get on his hang over the handle bars grab my grab bar and he pulls me into the building then it stopped and we are leaving so we go to the part where it goes into the valley and there was a lil place to get through and then a huge puddle...like 4 ft deep and i went 1st then he did well his bike slid into the puddle and i stop jump off and his bike was just sitting there floating on the water...it was crazy...but thats my story

standardryder
07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
me and two of my buddies were riding and we tried crossing a river but the bank on the other side was to steep. the river was like a foot deep so we were riding around in it. after a few minets i look around and i only see of of my friends then i see my other one upstream a little was up to his bars in water. so i jumped off my quad and went to go help him. he was on an articat 400 and it was just about completely submerged. well we got it out and it was running like complete $h!t. we brough it back to my house and he brought it somewhere to have it looked at, well water got inside the engin and washed all the bearings off and messed up a whole bunch of stuff. that cost him a few pennys.
but it sure was fun

Scott-300ex
08-01-2005, 12:43 AM
DierWolf i know what you mean about water

there is the place Johnson Shuddins, i think i spelled that right. Randy should know about it. its like right by flat river (st. joe) where we ride, and man, its like a 20 foot river, like 1 foot in some places and 2 feet in other places and rocks to crawl on by the other park elephant rock, which is just rocks

anyway, at the Shuddins we cross the river, there is like 5 islands all the way across so you only cross like 5 feet at a time then get on rocks, then cross another 5 feet

we had 4 or 5 people linked together walkin across there and man i almost lost it the whole time, that current is reeeeeally strong

people jump off cliffs there and rockclimb with ropes and stuff, some places the water falls like 1 1/2 feet and where it falls it erodes the rock away like a humungoues hole

its nuts, so i know what your talkin aboot