PDA

View Full Version : helped frame a house today

YFZ450Ridr
07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
well my uncle is building himself a 24x24 room addition on his house. my dad and uncle are both carpentars and they know thier stuff, it was amazing watching them measure everything up so fast and cut it. any way we framed the roof today and boy was that fun. they were nailin and i was the guy who had to hand them the rafters. we did about 40 rafters from 9 to 3. thank god they were all precut. it wasnt that bad on the heat but it was nice to get outa the house and do somthing. i made 50 bucks so it wasnt bad.

the day went good and i only got about 6 splinters, the deep ones you cant see:o day got even better when my parents put down a contract on a new biggg house and my dad is going to buy a z400 for himself. life is good right now:blah:

roostin_dale
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
thats fun isnt it! I just helped my grandpa frame and put rafters on his cabin they are building out at their campground.

hardkoratvmxr
07-30-2005, 06:09 PM
its better than roofing that blows i know from experiance

YFZ450Ridr
07-30-2005, 06:23 PM
it wasnt 2 bad, i kind of enjoyed it because my dad and uncle are both characters. it did get a little warm on the roof though. my dad is doing it for free because at our new house my dad is going to build a double long 2 door garage for our bikes, trailer and truck;) i cant even imagine putting on a new roof outside right now, i would faint from the heat. up there all day.

hardkoratvmxr
07-30-2005, 06:26 PM
we have to use heat gauges on the roofs we had it up to 130 on a roof that was about half done and this was at about 1 o clock and not even the hotest part of the day lol. depending on if the take off crew goes a day before or not we can usually put a roof on in one day depending on what all has to be done. and i love the sound of those staple guns goin off .

luvmyex
07-30-2005, 07:43 PM
well you know where to get a job now!:devil: Ive done a lil of it all. Framing,remodeling, and now finish trim carpenter. If you know what your doing you can make a decent living at it. what i like about it is, when im done i can look back and say" look at what i just did, that chit looks good!":D

YFZ450Ridr
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
ya my dad said i can do sidejobs with him for extra cash on the weekends when ever i want. it would be kind of b/s work, picking up scraps getting ladders and what not out for them, haulin lumber. but a job is a job for a little extra cash. its so weird my dad can build a house with his hands and all the tools he has in his truck.

lil400exman
07-30-2005, 10:43 PM
glad you are finally learning the value of a dollar. Now buy your quad re-build it, buy yourself a car and apy for it all. That is the best teacher I can tell you from experience!:)

BlazingYamahaYz
07-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Sounds like fun. I have helped put up the framing for a friend. It was insane though, one of the walls we put up was the 2nd story side wall, with chiminey. The carpenters built it on the floor and then we had to lift it up and set it in place. There were about 10 carpenters and then a me and a few buddies. The wind didn't help at all, but it was cool. That's awesome that your dad is getting a z400...he ride before or is this his first quad?

YFZ450Ridr
07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
Sounds like fun. I have helped put up the framing for a friend. It was insane though, one of the walls we put up was the 2nd story side wall, with chiminey. The carpenters built it on the floor and then we had to lift it up and set it in place. There were about 10 carpenters and then a me and a few buddies. The wind didn't help at all, but it was cool. That's awesome that your dad is getting a z400...he ride before or is this his first quad?

ya my dads been riding since he was about 6. i guess you can say hes a veteran at the sport. hes one of the best trail riders ive seen. once he gets the 400 i think we are going to enter a harescramble or 2 and see how we do. we ride trails at 4th gear and pretty aggressivly. i think we might do alright in c class.