PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Sunk Their Sport Quads?? lol...

Fast250EX
07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I was ridin the little EX out on the trail this morning after a night of camping with some of my buds. We were going through this creek and went threw several parts up a couple inches above the pipe and I decided I wanted to venture off to the side a little more...

Little did I know there was an underwater hill the sucked you down into the deep part. COMPLETELY sunk my poor little EX. Scared the sh*t out of me since it was the first time I sunk one, but after it died, I couldn't help but laugh my *** off because of how pitiful it looked, lol.

I got it pulled out, the airbox was filled up to the top with water, and my seat was completely waterlogged and weighed everybit of 20 pounds, easy.

Anyway, got the carb's float bowl drained out and tipped it up on its side and then the grab bar to pour some of the water out. Got it started and let it idle for a while in case there was still water in the motor. I limped it back to the house and changed the oil twice, and it was still milky. I am getting ready to do change number 4 and it's still milky...:mad:

All in all, I had fun and it was all worth it. Still runs great, just gotta get all the water out of the oil. I've spent a ton of cash on oil for the freakin thing as is...

Anyone else have an interesting drown-out story or maybe just a cool one out on the trail? If so, tell it here.

By the way, I would have give ANYTHING to have brought my digital camera!!:grr:

blastereatin250
07-30-2005, 06:22 PM
yes, when it was my brothers, we were riding on a trail when it was raining and there where a ton of puddles. Anyway there was this one puddle that looked like it was 2 inches deep and my brother went blasting through and it turned out it was like 4 feet deep! Ran fine afterwords.:macho

yellow400ex05
07-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I was out on my 250ex after it reaind over 3 inches and i ended up getting stuk right by a brige with the water overflowing onto the trail and all i could do was go through it,and the water turned out to be as deep as up to my gas tank. Right after I got out of the water it stalled. Talk about LUCKY!