PDA

View Full Version : NHL entry draft: HERE WE GO PENGUINS

Jblazin98
07-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Well after all the hype Sydney Crosby got to put on the black and gold. I cant wait to see him on a line with Mario or Recchi. They said the penguins ticket officer was selling tickets like crazy when the won the draft lottery...What do you all think about this coming year and the Pen's chances to make the playoffs...

FoxRacing81
07-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Thats right! This is gonna be awesome! I can't wait to go to a game!:D

07-30-2005, 07:36 PM
recchi went to pittsburgh? he better not play when his *** goes back to face the flyers. Philly fans can be the most supportive and biggest *******s in the NHL:D

Quad18star
08-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Here's my opinion on Crosby ...

Sydney Crosby ain't gunna do **** all this year cuz he needs to get used to the NHL . Don't get me wrong ... he's got a ton of talent and great potential to be the next Gretzky , but it'll take him a few years to be able to display his true talent in the NHL . He's still a kid playing against grown men and they'll put him in his place and show him what it takes to make it in this League .

I'll be glued to my TV screen come October ... after being deprived of the NHL last winter , I'll make sure I make up for lost time . Opening night ( Oct 5th) has every team playing .... first time that has ever happened !!!

08-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Steelers yesterday.. Penguins today

Glad to see a lot of Pitt fans on the site :)

08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
yep this year is going to be awesome

Quad18star
08-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Anyone know if Crosby is able to make it onto Canada's National Mens Team for the 2006 Olympics ?? I don't think he can cuz he's too young , but I haven't been able to find the age requirements for Olympic hockey . I think he's still gunna be stuck playing on the Junior team . :confused:

08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
philly fans are NUTS! they boo'ed santa and threw stuff at hinm one year at a NFL game

JRDrider22
08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
someone is going to take a shot at crosby early. now that the penguins signed leclair as well no one knows what may happen to this team. the flyers have a chance and right now so do the penguins. we'll have to see as the first couple of season games go underway on how the team may adapt to this new culture in the nhl

08-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
philly fans are NUTS! they boo'ed santa and threw stuff at hinm one year at a NFL game philly fans are great:cool: were all pshycos when it comes to sports:p

08-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
someone is going to take a shot at crosby early. now that the penguins signed leclair as well no one knows what may happen to this team. the flyers have a chance and right now so do the penguins. we'll have to see as the first couple of season games go underway on how the team may adapt to this new culture in the nhl the flyers odds are 3:1 for winning the cup now that they signed foresberg

08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
leclair, what a waste of money:rolleyes:

Quad18star
08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
someone is going to take a shot at crosby early. now that the penguins signed leclair as well no one knows what may happen to this team. the flyers have a chance and right now so do the penguins. we'll have to see as the first couple of season games go underway on how the team may adapt to this new culture in the nhl

I'm not sure that someone will try and take him out or injure him if that's what you mean by take a shot at him ... but I do think they'll work him over and let him know he's now playing in a mens league . I think Leclair might only have a few seasons left in him ... the man does have the hands for the game but the physical abuse is gunna take its toll on him .

Quad18star
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
the flyers odds are 3:1 for winning the cup now that they signed foresberg

You're right .... Philly is stacking their roster ... they're going for the cup this year . Just hope they don't pull off something like the Rangers and have the highest paid roster and do a big FLOP !!!!

JRDrider22
08-16-2005, 08:10 PM
oh no i agree with you, they are going to show that he's not a little kid anymore in this league. I'm sure the penguins are looking for a bruiser right now to protect crosby just like how the flyers have brashear to protect their top guns. with forsberg here i cant wait to go to a game. im only 20 minutes from the arena:blah:

Quad18star
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
oh no i agree with you, they are going to show that he's not a little kid anymore in this league. I'm sure the penguins are looking for a bruiser right now to protect crosby just like how the flyers have brashear to protect their top guns. with forsberg here i cant wait to go to a game. im only 20 minutes from the arena:blah:

I'm gunna have to make the 5 hour drive to watch either Toronto or Ottawa . Depending on ticket prices , maybe I'll catch a few games this season .

Brashear is a real knucklehead . It's too bad he doesn't use his head more often than he uses his fists . He's tough , but I watched my cousin whoop the sh*t out of him once . My cousin played with the Devils, Rangers, Oilers, Senators, Lightning .. you might remember him ... Troy Mallette .

Matt37
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm gunna have to make the 5 hour drive to watch either Toronto or Ottawa . Depending on ticket prices , maybe I'll catch a few games this season .

Brashear is a real knucklehead . It's too bad he doesn't use his head more often than he uses his fists . He's tough , but I watched my cousin whoop the sh*t out of him once . My cousin played with the Devils, Rangers, Oilers, Senators, Lightning .. you might remember him ... Troy Mallette .

Brashear is an *****. I know this because he lives down the street from me. But yea the Flyers are stacked, I am lucky enough to have season tickets, Can't wait to see Forsberg in action. Eagles and Flyers what more could you want? Cup and Super Bowl???...... you never know :D
I agree with the person that said LeClair is a waste of money. He is old and doesnt do anything. I knew once the new cap rule was started the first thing the Flyers were going to do is say good-bye to Amonte and LeClair, Can't wait til this season.

DEAL
08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Whos Sydney Crosby :confused:;)

Quad18star
08-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Whos Sydney Crosby :confused:;)

LMAO ... I think he played for a team that's part of the province that doesn't want to belong to the rest of this country . :p :cool: