PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have a antifreeze leak?

kazpr
07-30-2005, 09:04 AM
I appear to be having a anti-freeze leak coming from where the thermostat is mounted on the motor. Never been removed and only been ridden 4 times or so. Thanks

UbeenSmoked
07-31-2005, 07:19 PM
im having a leak of some, but mine is coming from my over flow bottle, i know its not to full cause it a little above the lower lvl, i just noticed mine yesterday

07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
my bike has overheated 2 times...and we have no idea y...we cleaned the radiator...put engine ice in it...checked the water pump...checked the thermostat...still no clue...it pours out of the overflow...last race it took 20 minutes to overheat...i jus kept on riding it...by the end of the race...all it had was half the radiator in coolant

hondaracer305
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
mines doing the same things, it started spewing coolant into my lap from the overflow hose while i was booking it down a dirtroad :scary:

kazpr
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Your fans kicking on?? My leak just stopped when I rode it some.

07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Your fans kicking on?? My leak just stopped when I rode it some.

ya my fan is working fine

Colby@C&DRacing
08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
my bike has overheated 2 times...and we have no idea y...we cleaned the radiator...put engine ice in it...checked the water pump...checked the thermostat...still no clue...it pours out of the overflow...last race it took 20 minutes to overheat...i jus kept on riding it...by the end of the race...all it had was half the radiator in coolant

try checking your head gasket, you may be pumping compression into the cooling system.

jja125
08-02-2005, 01:22 PM
colby,

is this something common? cause i've been having overheating problems too. we thought it was just from mud packed into the radiator and took all the plastic off and cleaned it really good. it was taking like over an hour before it would overheat, before we cleaned it, and i haven't gotten a chance to ride it that long yet, but it seems OK for the short 30min rides i've done since we cleaned it. :huh

08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jja125
colby,

is this something common? cause i've been having overheating problems too. we thought it was just from mud packed into the radiator and took all the plastic off and cleaned it really good. it was taking like over an hour before it would overheat, before we cleaned it, and i haven't gotten a chance to ride it that long yet, but it seems OK for the short 30min rides i've done since we cleaned it. :huh

i tried that...it still overheats :(

jja125
08-02-2005, 02:14 PM
maybe it is my head gasket?? i think i'm doing a 6 hour race thing on saturday. its supposed to be 85deg, so i guess i'll find out for sure if mine is OK.

08-02-2005, 02:21 PM
im confused...i dont kno what to do...:(

08-02-2005, 07:23 PM
i called my honda dealer, and told them i had checked the thermo, water pump, head gasket...all of the stuff u normally would for that...and cleaned the radiator out...along with putting engine ice in it...they really have no idea...they are just as confused as we are...i have a feeling this isnt good :(

Martin Blair
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Mine leaks, but no big deal. when the resivor is overfilled a bit, and i sit like down on a razor back on the dunes, and the overflow tube fills up witha bit of fuild, when i go up the next dune it leaks a little out, after a while the resivor level gets low enouigh not to do it anymore.