PDA

View Full Version : 440ex questions

400exrider707
07-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Ok right now Im running a std bore 11:1 wiseco, a hotcam stage 1 and an FMF Ti-4 slip on, and a UNI without the air lid. Other than that my motor is stock with the exception of the CRF cam chain for durability. Ok now I just got my hands on a 440 cylinder and 12.5:1 wiseco piston. I need to know what I should do to make this engine reliable and powerful. Im thinking of switching to a stage 2 hotcam, and adding a head pipe. Im obviously going to do heavy duty head studs as well, but is there anything else I should do to keep my reliability or anything anyone suggests from experience. Im not looking to make this the fastest 440 around or anything, but I want more power. I dont really have the money to get a carb or port work done right now, but I know it would greatly benefit the power. Maybe over the winter I could do that. I want to do just the stage 2 cam, header, heavy duty studs and not much more. I also have the stiffer clutch springs as well as a new clutch so I should be ok with that for now. Any suggestions or comments will be helpful.

Speedy81304
07-31-2005, 09:57 PM
stagw 2 cam, since the stage 1 is for 426cc and under. jetting for your new 440. your going to need her a little richer since the 12.5:1 is high if you dont want race gas run alittle on the rich side of the jetting. other then that your good.

K_Fulk
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
I would get a better pipe and a heavy duty rod too.