PDA

View Full Version : Eton 70 mods?

47501exracer
07-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Let's hear what you are all doing to make your lil Viper run like a champ. My son's quad is almost ready for some XC racing mods so what's the best stuff out there? Thanks!

Livin4Real
07-29-2005, 09:26 PM
start with suspension, a-arms, shocks and axle then go for speed.

Arctic Cat Dad
07-29-2005, 09:57 PM
I agree with livin4 real. suspension is the key. But I would watch going to wide. I myself didn't go with the a-arms and axle. Reason is to wide will get you in trouble in XC racing. These XC tracks are really tight wood trails. Hardly enough room for 2 mini's to get side by side.My son said he likes his quad not as wide as those boys with the wide front. There isn't any room to pass in the woods. If you look at most of the Mini's in the GNCC most of them have stock a-arms. But everyone thinks different. But livin is right, There is no need for all that extra power if you can't keep it pinned because the little guy can't hold it down,because he is being bounced all over the trail. One other thing. Don't laugh,but a set of bark busters made my son faster. How. He cliped a tree with his bars and the brake handle smashed his fingers. I put a set of handguards on and now he will hold it pinned going thru the trees because he knows they will just bounce off. Really helped!

QuadJunkies
07-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Suspention is sooooooo important!! I cant believe what a difference my Son done on his Eton two weeks ago MX racing, he rode so much better, faster and it just plain handled better! I also swear buy the oil we run in it, the mix works so nicely for mix and NO SMOKE of ANY KIND with this oil we use .

47501exracer ~~ do you un a pipe on your Eton?

47501exracer
07-30-2005, 02:10 PM
The quad is bone stock now. I will probably start with handguards, and a pipe. Who makes shocks or undercarrige protection for the Viper 70's? Thanks!

QuadJunkies
07-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 47501exracer
The quad is bone stock now. I will probably start with handguards, and a pipe. Who makes shocks or undercarrige protection for the Viper 70's? Thanks! Elka and Works makes the shocks, not sure on the undercarriage protection stuff though.But WRH makes a Great pipe!

Spike99
07-30-2005, 07:02 PM

For belly protection, surf:

http://www.hebcodistributing.com/pages/youthpag.html

Note: Give them a call. Dealers don't list every available part on their web sites.

Also, ask what the other racers use for belly protection. I'm sure each have their favorite dealer &/or recommendations on what products to avoid.

Hope this helps....

Arctic Cat Dad
07-30-2005, 08:49 PM
If your gonna get a pipe and it will make a difference,you should get the clutch work done. To get the most out of the pipe you need the clutch work also. I got our pipe and clutch kit from Hetrick Racing. They sell them as a Power up kit. There are 3 difference kits. They vary on how much power you want. There the A,B,and C kits. Another thing you might want to think about is a GOOD Pro Design kill switch.Because these mini's can be built to really make some HP. And if he would wreck and the throttle stick while he's around the rear tires they will hurt ya, Just a thought. Another thing is you better build a GOOD airbox system because the stock airbox HATES water!I built ours.

Glad to see another kid get into XC racing. My son races both MX and XC but he lives to tear up the woods.

QuadJunkies
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Just wait until you see the new products coming out for the Eton :D

Watch for my review coming soon.........:cool:

OhioViper
08-03-2005, 04:42 AM
We are very happy with the pipe from Trinity racing. Just keep in mind you will have to remove oil injection and relocate battery., and make a bracket to mount pipe in rear.Got a chrome one for $250 delivered. You can pick up a set of 6oz. rollers and a 2000 rpm clutch , and clutch shoe springs off ebay cheap. Try hellbound racing on ebay for your nerf bars and front bumper.

QuadJunkies
08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by OhioViper
. Try hellbound racing on ebay for your nerf bars and front bumper.

Or just wait until you read my review on a new product coming out soon..... :D It might just be worth the wait!:cool:

We too have a Trinity on my Daughters Kasea and have been very pleased w/ it .

markvette
08-04-2005, 08:35 AM
for you mx'ers, there is a plus 4 axle for the etons now.

Mark

QuadJunkies
08-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by markvette
for you mx'ers, there is a plus 4 axle for the etons now.

Mark Is it from Durablue??

markvette
08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
no.

QuadJunkies
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by markvette
no. ummm.... well, dont keep me guessing~! :blah:

WRH's???

markvette
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
you guessed it

QuadJunkies
08-04-2005, 11:48 PM
SWEET!!! Thats good to know .... :cool:

reese5171
08-08-2005, 10:08 PM
hey quad junkies hope your doing well well what do you have cooking i am couriose

QuadJunkies
08-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by reese5171
hey quad junkies hope your doing well well what do you have cooking i am couriose things are good on my end, how about yours?? How lil man doin?

hopefully the product will be done soon,I was told maybe a week or so. :D

reese5171
08-09-2005, 12:16 AM
hes still doing good and still winning races tell brandon that weston says hi

QuadJunkies
08-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by reese5171
hes still doing good and still winning races tell brandon that weston says hi sweet! I will ! so how many minis is he racing with there now?? We cant seem to get alot of minis here... :(

reese5171
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM
at the nw quad nationals i think there have been about 50 - 75 mini quads total in all the classes.they have a 50 stock 90 stock split gate that races on a small track then there is the 50 mods and 90 mods also a split gate some of those bikes are unreal like the one you saw cole fite race at payette. then they have a 50 90 gp race split gate that runs on the big track so lots of good racing . weston is 1st in the 50 stock class and 2nd in the 50 gp class so tomorrow is the last race of the series so we will see how it all turns out. maybe next week i will post the results on here over a t quadsonly.com there is a link to some good pics of the races

QuadJunkies
08-20-2005, 05:51 PM
WOw, alot more than what we have, Brandon is getting better and better but not alot of kids race MX here. FT racing is coming soon, then there will come competition!:macho

47501exracer
11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Just wait until you see the new products coming out for the Eton :D

Watch for my review coming soon.........:cool:

Hey QJ,

How about that review?? Christmas is coming soon........Thanks!

Arctic Cat dad-I think I got a good pic of Michael at the Ironman.

QuadJunkies
11-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by 47501exracer
Hey QJ,

How about that review?? Christmas is coming soon........Thanks!

Arctic Cat dad-I think I got a good pic of Michael at the Ironman.
They have pushed out there R&D Dates until after Christmas :rolleyes: Sorry... I was dissapointed too. :( Im still awaiting the parts for my review and Ill post ASAP. ;)