PDA

View Full Version : elka shocks??? for JEff@quadShop! and others

fasterthanyouex
07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
well i am wanting a new set of shocks. :) I ride trails and soon will be XC. The question i am wanting answered is do i really need any adjustments like compression for the type of riding i am doing? I have no intentions to race MX.. but i think in the future i will be going to the dunes in silver lake. I just don't want to spend the extra money and get the compression adjustment and never change the settings. Also are works with rezzys comparible to elka recreationals. :confused: :confused:

fasterthanyouex
07-29-2005, 07:28 PM
The Elka recreational will be triple rate to Right???? Thanks

2001400exrider
07-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by fasterthanyouex
The Elka recreational will be triple rate to Right???? Thanks

yup, the elka rec's are what i have and are 100% differnce over stock dude. its liek NIGHT and DAY differnce. the elkas have thinker shafts and an overall a better shock. Im sure you will get similar anserws from everyone else too. Do a search on this, you should get lots of threads on it..

good luck;)

smith_400ex_213
07-29-2005, 11:36 PM
yea when i ordered my elkas i just told them my wieght..and what i was going to use them for and what a-arms they were going on...and i got was jsut non adjustable, remote rezzy, zps and they were dead on me need for adjustment

07-30-2005, 06:58 AM
I would recommend the Rec shocks for what you're doing. They do come in triple rate. Don't buy works, I'm a dealer for both and would recommend saving your money and purchasing the Elka's.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-30-2005, 08:49 AM
I think you will be happier with the elkas works are better than stock but the elkas are better than the works.. We sell both and sell more of the elkas, as for adjustments, the compression adj is nice to have but is not an absolute necessity I have raced on the economys mx, ridden trail, and sand dunes. As long as you get the shocks set up for you and your riding style they will be 100x better than stock.

fasterthanyouex
07-30-2005, 08:52 AM
thanks everybody