PDA

View Full Version : i need more info

fast rusty
07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
i went an looked at a speed today and everthing looked good but the only problem was when it was running it didnt seem to have much power. i think this could be becouse it was not warm at all and the owner opened it upwithout letting it get warm. also when it was ideling it made a lot of mechanical nosie, i was told it could be becouse of the strait cut gears as well as may be the injectors. what dose everone elses c - dale sound like when you first start it. please help this bike looks realy nice and strait and i dont know what to do. help help help

happyboy
07-29-2005, 07:54 PM
sounds like you got alot of rocks in the motor. :) But low on power? Heck no, they rip all the time.

C41Xracer
07-30-2005, 07:09 AM
i have a speed and it makes noise also but mines never down on power

wistech
07-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Low power consistantly throughout the powerband is a good sign of one or more lobes worn down on the camshafts. If its cutting out or bucking then it might be a fuel or electrical problem.

fast rusty
07-30-2005, 10:11 PM
my real question is about the noise there was alot of it and i try to read as much about this bike as i can and i hear all this stuff abot the crank.do you think it could be the crank.

wistech
07-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Rod bearings make little or no noise. When they fail they do it suddenly and come to a screeching halt. Main bearings on the other hand can knock very loud. That can be easily checked by grabbing the flywheel and checking for up/down movement. As far as normal engine noises Cannondales make a lot more noise than any other engine. But only at idle and low rpm. once spooled up they sound good ,maybe due to the intake tract.

In my experience the oil filter is a great way to check on engine status. If its got lots of tiny magnetic metal specs in the pleats then the crank is on its last few rides. Cut it apart and see.