PDA

View Full Version : this is just wrong

redrider808
06-03-2002, 10:00 AM
well tell me what you think . ok friday night i had a race and i was running the R in my 1st moto i blew a bace gasket . so i was just
going to run the EX for points was just gona place that was till the light went green.now my R is a CT310 works ZPS esr CR ingnition i get the whole shot all the time on it . now here where something went wrong my buddy that races with me has a duncan 440 every thing is duncan looks like the bike you see all the time in dirt wheels. and there was 6 other quads that should have wooped me bad . im still confused on this "all i have done to the EX is a-arms shocks axle a T-4 slip-on K&N and a jet kit "but i got the whole shot ! i came out the coner and looked around and every one was behind me i know i didnt jump the light . i was just gona point not try to run up front i went after my buddy left so he would be in front of me so he could finish if front of me . i DNF the first moto so i was out of the race but i guess i need to know how in the world did i get the whole shot . i let him around me and played for the rest of the race came off he was all like what did you do to your bike "you know you have a buddy like this that wont belive your quad is stock " he better call duncan and find out how a stock 400 EX just beat the snot out of duncan motor
i just looked at him shock my head and keep sayin sad sad . but i sill dont under stand his quad runs strong so yaaaaaaa for the little guy i guess

thanx for letting me vent
tell me what you think how did i beat a bunch of full moded quads

i run in the b class so not like they couldn't ride

Evan
06-03-2002, 10:51 AM
I know how you feal I have done the same thing. B4 I did my motor work I had the same mods as you, well in every moto I was 3rd or 4th, and I dont know what they had done to there quads but I know I beat several built 400s, one being a full TC440. I know some can sit there and call BS but its the truth. If everyone on the track was stock and so was I, I think I could pull holeshots all day long. The only things I can think of is, 1. the rider sucks at shifting 2. stock 400s are best at bottom end where as most modified motors have cams that pull more mid-top 3. gearing- if they are running 18s with stock gearing you will go right by them Hope this helps

2002_300_EX
06-03-2002, 10:53 AM
maybe it was the quad gnomes ;)

06-03-2002, 11:53 AM
2. stock 400s are best at bottom end where as most modified motors have cams that pull more mid-top

I would think this would have something to do with it. If the other quads were cammed too much and gave up a lot of bottom end power and the small mods on your 400 boosted the bottom end then there you have it. The only thing I was not getting is how you held them off into the first turn? was it very close to the start?

redrider808
06-03-2002, 01:12 PM
no thats what got me its a long run i was up in 4th at the turn .
i dont count the frist 90 as who got the whole shot but the next 90 back .
ok if i would have to guess the start is 60 yards to the frist turn the back streach is about 150 to 175 yards if i was to guess to the next turn .
but the thing about the lowend on a stock motor never came to me
i realy don't get it ???????

06-03-2002, 10:36 PM
You dont think they planned it just to goof on ya ?

chris29
06-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Its not always the bike that gets the holeshot, learned that many of times!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch the gate and you'll be late, watch the Pin and you'll Win!!!!!!!!!

redrider808
06-04-2002, 12:19 AM
i dont think he planed it he was a little put off by it . to say it nicely.