PDA

View Full Version : TCS ride hight setting

airheadedduner
06-03-2002, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna get a set of tcs shocks for my R, what ride hight are most of you running? I'm gonna mostly ride supercross. CT did not make any recomendations, they just told me you can go to low with it which is a common mistake.

MX MadMann
06-09-2002, 09:49 PM
i have the new TCS tripple rates , im running them stock height which is plenty low considering my back shock is stock. it would look goofy if i took out the spacers. you can depress the springs with the bottom of the shock unbolted and take the retainer off. then you can slide the springs off one by one and there are little spacers in the top spring that let it compress more for sag. heres a picture.

airheadedduner
06-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Have you played with the settings yet? It is probly hard for you to tell what ride hight works best at the moment being you are a running stock rear. Thanks anyway

MX MadMann
06-09-2002, 10:15 PM
the only thing i have messed with is the compression.

airheadedduner
06-09-2002, 10:23 PM
How good is the bottoming resistence? I plan to race on weekends but most my ridding will be in sand and I like to do the natral doubles out in the dunes. If you have ever seen doubles in the dunes the landings are not very perfect and I need really good bottoming resistance.

MX MadMann
06-09-2002, 10:29 PM
i havent been able to bottom them yet. and ive gone pretty big. just look at my website. www.hometown.aol.com/pimpnona400ex
when i usually dont clear stuff they still dont bottom. this is even with my crappy rear shock. ill really be able to launch when i get it pimp-o-fied.