PDA

View Full Version : HP gains over stock

T-MAC 450R
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
how much hp over stock can i get with a ALBA racing pipe(full kit) and a hotcams stage 2? i want to whip some YFZ *** on the dunes:chinese:

dtzalba450r
07-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Will you be doing the filter and what not? I'd guess that you'd gain between 6-11 horses I did the hrc cam and yoshi exhaust and my friend did the hrc cam and alba exhaust they run side by side, this of course depends on who gets out the gate first! I know the cam adds anywhere between 2-5 horses and the jetting and pipe do the rest!

cals400ex
07-30-2005, 01:49 AM
i think you will need more than the pipe and cam to whoop a piped and jetted yfz. they do run pretty good with the right drivers

Mxracer53
07-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeh a Red rider can easliy pull a yfz if he is good too:eek2: .i pulled yfz when my was stock.

cals400ex
07-30-2005, 01:41 PM
with the same mods on the bikes, a yfz will always pull a trx given the riders and everything else is the same. the more you mod, the more the yfz pulls. it is just the nature of the bike. i ride red too, but i am not going to lie about the truth

07-30-2005, 04:47 PM
ur gunna need to pipe it stroke it bore it filterws, carbs 19:1 comp ratio run iot on alky, then after you try that and still loose put a yfz motor in there,

j/p i think a good pipe filter will give you at least 5 ponies, that will help you hang with them a little better

nowukno
07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
My friend has a 05 yfz450 with a sparks pipe , jet kit and a K&N with no lid and he had me by a little more than a quad length when i had just my pipe , filter , jet kit and no lid. Since i got my stage 2 hotcams im about 1 length ahead of him. But pretty soon he's getting a cam and that will put him back out front. But it seems whenever we have the same mods he is always ahead by about 1 length when we drag. But atleast i got bragging rights for now.

OKTRX450R
07-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Two buddies bought the YFZs and I bought the Honda...since they were new we were neck and neck...winner is who got the hole shot. We piped at the same time and same story...even. Just last week I raced about 6 YFZs and I do not see the big difference...whomever was ahead at the 2nd gear shift won by that amount...

cals400ex
07-31-2005, 11:36 AM
riders always make a difference. to me, the trx isn't as tempermental with the rider. shifting a hair soon or a hair late is "alright" when dragging this bike. on the yfz, shifting it perfect will definatly make it faster it appears. it seems that way to me anyways.