PDA

View Full Version : Getting more power out of stock 400ex exhaust? Remove baffle?

Jak400ex
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I was told that you could get more power out of a stock trx 400 ex (year 03) by removing or drilling the baffle. Anybody know????:macho

2004exrider
07-29-2005, 04:36 PM
well taking out the spark arrester wont do anything but make it sound annoying. ive heard that you can get a 1" drill bit i believe and drill below the hole all the way thru to the end of the muffler and it will create more airflow, which i guess will give you a little more power. its not going to sound good though, and you will still have a lot of restriction. im not going to be the first to tell you but, save up for a slip on pipe youll be much happier with the power you get and the great sound. Now to answer another one, the most common pipes people will tell you to get will be the hmf, whitebrothers eseries, curtis sparks, big gun, and yoshimura.
All great pipes, but the hmf or whitebrothers will be the cheapest route to go but very good pipes. little more than you asked but hope that helps out;)

Jimmy

muddy400EX
07-31-2005, 12:27 AM
dont even mess with it. it sounds so bad without the baffle its not even funny. get a slip on like the guy above said. HMF, LRD, Sparks, WB, Yoshi, Dr.D...any of them. hope that helps:)