PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle

JRP
07-29-2005, 09:37 AM
hey i am lookin at a twist throttle for my 450r. im thinkig motion pro. But what version? I only ride and race motocross. so what would be the best. Im looking to order one my monday. Thanks.

07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
have you ran a twist before?

superquadguy
07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
DO NOT buy the cheat one. it is a junk. the vortex is ok. the Joke is the best. i know it is not cheap, but it is SOOOO nice. the action is perfect. it is all sealed and has bearings in it. it also looks really trick.

07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I had a 1/4 turn motion pro and I HATED IT! Nice twist throttle but i just could'nt do the twist thing. I can sell it to you CHEAP. PM me.

plkmonster2
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
I think twists SUCK on a quad. I had a 1/4 twist on there when I went trail riding. Ruined my day. I hit a small jump, landed on the front wheels, and it twisted the gas. When the back wheels hit, it went into a crazy wheelie. All the bumps made it hard to use, and it was hard to get a precise amount of throttle. Just make sure to try it before you buy it.

JRP
07-29-2005, 12:32 PM
no ive never riden with one but i think i could corner alot better with one though.

07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
say au revoir to wheelies too

08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
not everyone can run a twist. it is definately tricky. and it doesn't work like a dirtbike. by this, i mean, to steer a dirtbike, you basically just lean to one side or the other, never really "turning" the handle bars. A dirtbike is also a smoother ride. These to things allow the twist to work beautifully on a db.

On a quad, you have to physically turn the bars. Making for some sketchy situations. Plus, you get bumped and knocked around more on a quad, causing you to have the "hang-on" reflex, which equates to a wide open throttle (when running a twist).

alot of guys run a twist, and are very happy with it. but, you must take these things into consideration. and be prepared for, what could be, a rough learning curve.

BLAZE1
08-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I came to this sport after I already rode db's and street bikes so a twist just seemed natural.

I started with a motion pro, now I have a vortex.
The vortex is smoother but be aware of what these guys are saying. More than once I have pinned it on accident due to bumps.

excellent for the dunes