PDA

View Full Version : question

400xe1999
07-29-2005, 12:05 AM
how easy is it to put a new oil tank in and a new key switch..if its easy can somone write the steps to do both of these thanks alot

plkmonster2
07-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Oil Tank, Take off the drain bolt, and the 2 10mm bolts on the sides. Disconnect all the lines from the motor, and the oil cooler. Pull it out, and put the new one in. Make sure to refill with oil, and put the drain plug back in. As for the key switch, tip the front plastic forward by removing the 4 10mm bolts under the fenders, taking off the back plastic, and removing all of the black plastic clips. You pull the center piece out, and they all pop out. Follow the wires down, and disconnect them. You will see a small tab you need to push down, and the connector will slide apart. To pull it out of the plastic, I think there are clips under the plastic you squeze in, and the key switch should slide up. If not, there is a nut on top of the switch. Unscrew it, and pull the switch out. Both are fairly easy tasks.

400xe1999
07-29-2005, 12:46 AM
alright thanks alot do the lines have to go on a certain distnace when i put my new one in?