PDA

View Full Version : Steering stem questions

Mailman77327
06-03-2002, 05:48 AM
Hello,
Im 6 ft. 5inchs tall and I was thinking of getting a taller steering stem.
Will I have to get a longer cables or will the stock cables be long enough?
I have seen stems as long as +3...does anyone have anything THAT long?
Any pictures of quads with longer steering stems out there?
Thanks in Advance,
Chris:)

06-03-2002, 06:02 AM
acording to houser +1 is all you want to go. If you go taller than that you will bend it very easy if yooou ever roll your quad. Make sure you get some higher handle bars like quad bend. Do not put CR high bend bars they are too low. That what i think at least

seven
06-03-2002, 04:20 PM
I have a +1 anti vibe stem sitting in my garage if your interested

JhallettEX
06-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I am, what do you want for it? What is it? Is it chrome? Do you have a pic?

seven
06-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Actually it is a brand new Pro Performance anti vibe stem with a lone star top on it. I have a guy locally making them. I have had this one sitting in my garage till i had time to put it on ebay.It is not chrome, They say when you chrome somthing it takes away some of the temperment from the steel. He will make one any length you want if you send him your stock or bent stem.This one is the last one i have left. I have sold two on ebay under the name seven112. I have one on my bike and rolled it two weeks ago with no effect to the stem at all. $175.00

nakomis0
06-03-2002, 07:44 PM
Thats a nice stem, and a great price.

bman's 02 300ex
06-04-2002, 01:35 AM
That's a nice stem how do i get one. mine's been straitend so im sure it's weak now. that's the price of a new stocker.

Yellow 2002 300ex
with a cobra [junk]
k&n power up kit
red fly racing bars
head light removed
durablue eliminater 2+2 axle
itp rims with holeshots [offset]
red dg seel nerfbars
sporting the #19

seven
06-04-2002, 05:57 AM
All you need to do is send me your stock stem and let me know what length you want it. If i know its coming he will usually have it done in a couple of days and shipped back out.This is the same guy that made the +3 a arms for lurches tricked out mojave from atv connection.