PDA

View Full Version : another R jetting question

QuadRacer041
06-03-2002, 03:47 AM
my freind is having a problem with his r, dont know all the specks but it doesnt really matter.
he has a bog and the botton when he first gasses it out of a turn and stuff, i think its either his pilot jet is too big or his needle stiing is too high. what do you guys think????????????????
i know he has some motor work and is runing a 38mm airstryker

Ononewheel
06-03-2002, 07:35 AM
A bog is caused by being to lean. Try adjusting the idle mixture screw first. I do not know if you should go in or out on that particular carb. Adjust it in 1/4 turn increments. If you need to turn the screw in to less than one turn from bottom you need a pilot jet. Same applies if you are more than 3 turns out from bottom...... I think, again I am not familiar with that carb, but the same basics apply. Take a look at his needle to see where it is set. If the screw and pilot are cool try raising the needle by lowering the clip one pos. What does the quad do at 1/4 throttle? 1/2 throttle? 3/4 throttle? What throttle position is he at when he hits the gas and it bogs?????After you get it going do not forget to check the plug at wide open throttle. Oh, don't forget to write down all of the settings you are starting from in case you get lost in the mess, and MAKE ONLY ONE ADJUSTMENT AT A TIME. Perhaps some one here could give you a little more insight but that should get you started.