PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions...

awesomeness
07-28-2005, 05:39 PM
before I start: don't mind my name please, I'm not saying I'm awesome, it's just all I could think of with my tiny brain.

I just have a few questions:
1.I want to run my '04 sportrax 400EX without a front fender, is it possible to do this without causing any cooling malfunctions?
2.how high can I jet my carb with stock everything and the airbox lid removed? how high could I jet it if I took my front fender off? would it be the same?

I'm not new to quading, it's just that I want to get a tad bit more power out of it with some cheap mods, that's all.

2muchquad
07-28-2005, 09:58 PM
wont affect jetting if you remove your fenders.you may have to go up one sizeon the main if you remove your airbox lid.good luck to ya..:rolleyes:

awesomeness
07-28-2005, 10:53 PM
thanks

awesomeness
07-30-2005, 09:02 AM
is it possible to run a K&N air filter, with precharger (the cover for the filter I can buy, I forget it's name) without an airbox, mounting it straight from the carb.? and also, if it is possible to do this and get better performance than with an airbox, how high can the pilot and main jets be rejetted? (that whole phrase there sounded horrible....) thanks.

44oEX
07-30-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah you can do it..you will have more air so more power without the air box...but you will have mud and stuff in there so it`s not the best way.

for the jetting on a stocker with the lid and stuff removed 150 main 155 at the most.

and you can do what you want with your fenders it won`t change anything