PDA

View Full Version : Fire shooting out...What does this mean?

TRUTH
07-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,
I am in the process of dialing in the jetting on my YFZ with these mods ..Pro Flow intake w/UNI and Ron Woods Full System. When I rev the motor high in neutral, on decel it shoots a flame out of the exhaust..What does that mean? Am I lean on the main? Should there be any black poof coming out of the exhaust when it is revved, or is that a sign of richness? Thanks again!! Frank R.

1BADYFZ
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by TRUTH
Hey guys,
I am in the process of dialing in the jetting on my YFZ with these mods ..Pro Flow intake w/UNI and Ron Woods Full System. When I rev the motor high in neutral, on decel it shoots a flame out of the exhaust..What does that mean? Am I lean on the main? Should there be any black poof coming out of the exhaust when it is revved, or is that a sign of richness? Thanks again!! Frank R.
Ya, just a little lean, mine does this only when it's humid/muggy as hell out otherwise I dont have a problem.

TRUTH
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey badYFZ,
Thanks! If I hammer the throttle so it is on the main, when I let off a flame shoots out...I was concerned that is was a sign I was way lean...But I guess I won't worry about it too much. I am going to try one step richer and see what it feels like. Thanks again!!!:) Frank R.

Quad18star
07-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Mine was shooting a flame cuz it was too rich ... i pulled the plug out and it was black . I really doubt you're running lean !!!

Punk'd
07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Check your plug..

Brown is PERFECT..

White is LEAN..

Black is RICH..

MR.BIG
07-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Maybe you have afterburners!lol It's probably running rich and when it back fires and the flames shoot out it is the excess fuel that didn't get burned up in the motor. Are you running an airbox lid? If not pull the lid off and see how it runs because that will lean it out so you know what way your jetting needs to go or vise versa!

ZNT26
08-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Just call it a thrust-augmentor bud. They seem to work well on our Aircraft....

PurePerformance
08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
It means that your engine is on. Don't judge jetting when the bike is standing still. Ride it and see what throttle position it acts funny.;)