PDA

View Full Version : seat cover install

chad400ex
06-02-2002, 09:23 PM
My wife just bought me a black N-style all-trac 2 gripper seat cover. I think I want to do the install myself. Do I need to take off the original cover, or put this one on over it?? There were no instructions with the seat cover. Do you just start at the front with a couple of staples, and then work your way back (stretching as you go)??? Any info would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

Pappy
06-02-2002, 09:57 PM
thats what i did, but i got 5/16 staples. it may take more of them but they wont go thru the seat pan. i started at the front and worked it down from there, and i also removed the stock cover

PDunes300ex
06-03-2002, 11:46 AM
I took mine to an upholstry place...just to make sure it was done right. It makes it a whole lot easier with that little upholstry stretching tool to get the thing on without any ripples and bunches. Take the old seat cover off...im told that makes it a little easier to get the new one on.

flying400ex
06-03-2002, 07:46 PM
OK. I have the same seat cover, it's nice. Anyway you just stretch the seat cover over the front lip and the back lip. Put a few staples in. Then stretch the seat cover over the lowest point of the seat. Put some more staples in. Then stretch out all the rest and put staples in that.