PDA

View Full Version : all around ex ideas

Rootar
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
yea guys im just tossing around ideas for an all around budget ex which im really just getting ideas mostly on what i should do to mine Ideas are for an all around 400 that rides good every where and still looks realy good and is budget minded

what do yal think of this, the mods in my sig plus
-prm baja bumper
-carbon fiber hood with scoop
-prm chassis skid
-ss brake line f/r (dual line front if i can.)
-wheels and swing arm PC'd black
-frame and sub frame(w/ grab bar mod) PC'd red
-oil tank and motor mounts PC'd silver vein
-polished side cases
-ceramic coated head pipe
-TCS triple rate front shocks with rezzies and comp adj
-TCS dual rate rear conversion
-trail tech torch lights mounted in a specail location*

*im not saying where becasue i dont want someone else to do it before i do but its gonna be sweet and very different

what do yall think my hubs are pianted red and my stock arms are painted black already and my plastic is red and my seat is solid black

and if yall have ideas lets here them what would you change or add .

nosliw
07-27-2005, 11:03 PM
sounds real good man. but i dont know about powdercoating the wheels, dont you think they would dull out pretty quick? i dont know though

prepracing
07-28-2005, 12:49 AM
"Budget EX" I don't see anything "budget" about all that :confused:

Rootar
07-28-2005, 05:39 PM
im gonna try and get all that dun for 2 grand and most of the little stuff ill prolly buy used so yea for 2 grand thats the best way i could spend it dont really wanna put any more in it than that in case i sell it some day..

estimated prices the tcs shocks from the local shop which is a tcs dealer can get teh fronts for 700 and teh rear rebuilt and sprung for 350-400 with zps

as for the PCd parts the guy that id have do those done by does it cheaper when he has a bulk of parts so he said he'd makle me a good deal if i had my frame done by him he'd do the rest for really cheap

so i would consider this budget building considering im not putting on elkas or axis shocks with arms and swing arm and rear shock. just get tcs shocks and my rear rebuilt thats a BIG difference

oh and for the PC coming off the wheels im leaving the little outter edge of the wheel face the inside will be black so itll look like a black wheel and a polished ring and no PC doesnt dull very easy

jak1389
07-28-2005, 05:46 PM
sounds like it will be a very nice quad. but i would pc my rims but it all depends on what type of terrian you ride. one thing that you coul get is used hipers all around. that would make your quad just that much better. jmo

Rootar
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
every time ive got money i havent found any hipers and when i dont have the money theyre going for cheap? so i dunno i might if i can find a good set

any other ideas im completely open for them

FoxRacing81
07-28-2005, 08:25 PM
The PC will be great on the wheels. Maybe go with 2 coats on them just to be safe.

Everything else sounds great.:macho

onefast400ex
07-28-2005, 09:23 PM
i have my wheels powdercoated an they are still shiny