PDA

View Full Version : moto 440 ???

maverrickid
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Does the newest c-dale 440 have all the updates done. The dealer down the road has one and I cannot stop thinking about this bike. I think it is between the 440 and the new raptor 700.
I dont know the year of the quad. If it doesnt should the dealer provide the upgrade service. Thanks Tommy p.s. are they a good trail bike. I road a yfz and hated it to cramped and no low end. how does the moto compare to the yfz

Sandgod4
07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
If it has never been sold then, no is the answer. The best things you can do is the Z400 bearing, stud update, aluminum valve cover, maybe decompression mechanism rebuilt, and 450 piston. This will require you to drop the motor, but only do it once. Other updates can be done elsewhere but you won't have to open up the motor or drop it..

duke416ex
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
How much is an aluminum valve cover and how much of a pain is it to put on?

How much is the dealer asking for the moto?

yamadjs08
07-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
How much is an aluminum valve cover and how much of a pain is it to put on?

How much is the dealer asking for the moto?
They say the valve cover can be removed without removing the engine if you have some patience, I heard it is hard, but it wouldnt be as hard as dropping the motor. If you can remove and fix/replace a magnesium cover, I dont see why you couldnt put the aluminum one on without dropping the motor...

armoks
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
You can get the aluminum covers pre ordered for the first batch from cannonboomer on c-daleriders or from ATK.

here is how you can switch them out without droping the motor!

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12972

maverrickid
07-29-2005, 06:19 PM
it is a 2002 blaze they want 5900 for it. It has never had gas in the quad.