PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket exhaust over the HRC kit?

Jonas
07-27-2005, 09:02 PM
How much more power can you gain with a top aftermarket exhaust when you have the HRC setup? Has anyone raced a friend before and after with these setups? Have you ever seen a good Dyno on the HRC kitted 450r? My point is, I would like to see or hear of proof as to what an aftermarket pipe will add to my HRC setup. Seat-of-the-pants means nothing to me, because sometimes people can relate more noise with more power. Any help on this would be great.

redlined94
07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Considering that the HRC kit makes you keep the stock pipe setup I would say that any aftermarket pipe setup with the HRC kit you are going to notice a nice difference. With that said I say start lookin for a good system. I say go with Rossier or Sparks. Thats my 2 cents!!

Jonas
07-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks.

The HRC setup includes a much larger endcap for your stock exhaust though. So the stock pipe is modded.

redlined94
07-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Ya i know what your sayin but how much can a end cap do compared to a fully different pipe. Plus my sparks system weighs like 5 pounds lighter than my stock setup and the stock pipe is really restrictive. I am hearin good things about that Rossier pipe though you might wanna look into it.

Jonas
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
It seems like the HMF sport exhaust with quiet core, is performing well on it also. You know how things are though, when you get something and it turns out to be not what you expected. There are alot of things you can get for your R that are a waist of money. I would rather get the facts from people who have tried both. On a 400ex for example, a pipe gets you 2 horse if your lucky. I would expect more if I got an exhaust for my R.

redlined94
07-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh ya, there are a few hp gain with a good aftermarket system. HMF always has nice stuff but I had that on my 400ex and I just wanted to try somethin different. Glad I did though. You just gotta find somethin you like personally!

OKTRX450R
07-28-2005, 08:34 AM
When I put the HRC kit in mine...yea, I noticed a slight difference. I have never bought into putting a mod on and it feeling like it will rip your arms off...I do not think it exists...well, maybe NOS.

Next, I put on a Pulse Charger Exhaust...wow, that has made the biggest difference I have noticed so far. Did not rip my arms off, but I could definitely tell it was alive...currently adding 12.25 piston and port and polished head with +1 ex valves...

Jonas
07-28-2005, 09:25 AM
So you would say that adding the exhaust was a bigger jump power wise than the HRC kit. I'm estimating the HRC kit gave about 3 to 4 mid to top. Have you dragged any buddies before and after the pipe?

OKTRX450R
07-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
So you would say that adding the exhaust was a bigger jump power wise than the HRC kit. I'm estimating the HRC kit gave about 3 to 4 mid to top. Have you dragged any buddies before and after the pipe?

Yes and no...my understanding is when you add the HRC cam (or complete kit as I did) you really cannot take advantage of the cam with the factory head pipe...just the HRC kit I did not think there was a eye opening difference. Now, the pipe was very eye opening but I do not think the pipe alone would have made the same difference. The combo of the cam and pipe was the ticket. A very good pipe maker has been quoted stating no full pipe will really make a difference over a slip on without a cam change...does that make sense? Basically one or the other a slight difference but doing both you can take full advantage of both...instead of just a percentage of what one or the other offers.

MAD450r
07-28-2005, 03:44 PM
I rode a freinds without it and his felt it had more bottom end than mine did. Then I put my sparks full system on and wow I got just as much bottom end if not more now. As for topend power this combo works awesome I have no complaints on this setup.

drider
07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Alright listen up. here we go. I have a 05 450R. Fully piped. Sparks big core. pipe. jetted. etc.... i raced a HRC 450R. other than that stock. JUst hrc kit. Same sand paddles... When i dragged race him. on a straight. I pulled 1 st gear hard. But he was no more than 2 quad lengths behind me the whole race. 1 /4 mile so race.

so if your question is what gives more gains HRC kit. or Pipe. i say pipe. But if you get the HRC kit + PIPe this will give you significantly amount of power!!

450ss
07-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I have an 04 R with the HRC kit from the dealer i also have a full system LRD PRO 4 series, when i just had the hrc kit it was real smooth power but with the lrd its like you better hold on because you can feel the power from the hrc and the lrd full system but again are you trail riding or drag racing or just duning its all about how you can ride the thing to because with my R i would smoke some pretty quick banshees its all about the rider and how you can get the power out of the R and for the yfzs if they have a pipe as i do i will guarentee ill beat them in 3 hundred ft drag. Well sorry so long but just about any pipe you put on it will awaken the real R

ZRider400
07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Get a full exhaust and a stage 2 hotcam..You will notice a big diff over stock.

Jonas
07-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Good info.

I already have the HRC kit and like it. I'm not big into drag racing buddies, but it does give you a good feel for how much power you have and how much you gain when you mod your quad.

Anyone else out there that has went from the HRC and added a pipe?

MR.BIG
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I have the hrc kit and it works pretty good. When I added the pipe and rejetted it, it was a huge difference. I would recommend both or just pick up a hotcam stage 2 instead of the hrc kit.

Jonas
07-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by drider
Alright listen up. here we go. I have a 05 450R. Fully piped. Sparks big core. pipe. jetted. etc.... i raced a HRC 450R. other than that stock. JUst hrc kit. Same sand paddles... When i dragged race him. on a straight. I pulled 1 st gear hard. But he was no more than 2 quad lengths behind me the whole race. 1 /4 mile so race.

so if your question is what gives more gains HRC kit. or Pipe. i say pipe. But if you get the HRC kit + PIPe this will give you significantly amount of power!!

Did you guys weigh the same?

Jonas
07-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I have the hrc kit and it works pretty good. When I added the pipe and rejetted it, it was a huge difference. I would recommend both or just pick up a hotcam stage 2 instead of the hrc kit.

What did you rejet to? Some people seem to be going down with the main on an aftermarket pipe who already have a cam and no lid.