PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

Evan
06-02-2002, 08:48 PM
OK this is has me kinda stuped, or stupid either way.

I raced last night with the mods I have in my sig, sparks cam, 416, 39FCR, no airbox lid, opened up headers(ground welds), shorty T-4 PC pipe, 168 main jet(up from the 165 that comes in the FCR), stock pilot(whatever comes in the FCR), air screw 4 turns out needle in the 3rd slot I belive, k&n airfilter, altitude 400-500 ft. Theres the info now the problem.
I ran what came with the FCR for a while till I got some jets, checked the plug and it appeared a little lean, didnt run to great. So right b4 the race I moved to a 168 main, didnt change anything else. Well in practice I took off and made 5 laps, and it ran perfect I said ok I am good to go. Moto1 comes and I am lined up and its poping a little, I thought uh oh, 3 seconds b4 the gate drops it cuts off like its out of gas, (had a half of a tank and fuel was on) fired it just as the gate dropped and went to take off and it died again, wouldnt crank for about 5 seconds enough for everyone to be out of sight, when it cranked it stumbled at like 1/4- 1/2 throttle, cut off, I nursed it till it was moving and nailed it and it took off and I ran the race without trouble and it ran alot better than it ever had. I thought maybe it was trash, but in the 2nd moto, when the gate dropped I nailed it and it sputtered and died, I cranked it and nursed it and it came to life alot quicker and I managed to catch everyone in the first turn, same thing it ran like never b4 the whole race, in every throttle position there was no hesitation. This is how I was starting, 2nd gear, half revs, and it would sputter and die. Well I rode it some today and it didnt do it at first but after awhile it started doing it and I eventually ran it empty, so I went and filled up, came back and it ran fine and I couldnt get it to do it again. It still has a stutter when you peg it really fast, and if you try to ride a wheelie. I can tell its still not perfect, so I pulled the plug and it is a slight reddish/tan/white. So its not rich. Anyone have suggestions? Move up another main? change pilot jet?