PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this would be worth?

gpd005
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
My dad took a Polaris Scrambler in on trade last night for his truck. It's a 1995 it is push button AWD and it's a two stroke. I believe it's Scambler 400 but i'm not positive. The chain is broke, and it won't start. It makes a strange clicking noise like the starer isn't engaging when you hit the starter. Does anyone have any idea if this thing is even gonna be worth my time of working on it to try and get it running or should i just sell it off for the parts?

plkmonster2
07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Get a new battery and chain. If it is clicking, the solenoid is telling you the battery is dead. It will only put you back 50-100 bucks. I'd try it. Or you could tow it behind the truck and start it.

polaris bob
07-28-2005, 09:37 PM
First off, no you can't tow start it, it has a CVT belt drive.

There is a pull starter on the right hand side that will start it up just fine if the battery is dead. Most likely the battery is dead and needs replacing but it will run just fine with a dead battery as long as you leave it hooked up and don't try to run the lights very much too soon.

If it is a two stroke and in a scrambler frame it is most likely the 400 unless someone for some reason dropped in a 250 for some stupid reason.

With very little in the way of mods and with a good clutch kit the 400 can be a wicked fast machine! Capable of putting out more than 80 crankshaft Hp! But keep in mind that the trans sucks about 30% of the power away before it ever gets to the tires!

I have a 95 400 in the explorer chassis that has some work done to it and everyone that sees it or rides it is very surprised at the power it makes or how fast it is!! LOL

The real limiting factor is that damm McPherson strut front suspension. While it might make for a cushy ride while rock climbing it sucks for real fast MX riding with a fast powerful motor pushing it around. You will reach the limits of the suspension quickly out on say a MX track. But keep it on the smother trails and the straight and narrow drag type stuff and this is where it really shines! That and of course the thick and gooey stuff that 4x4's love!