PDA

View Full Version : unadilla quad national

zeke83
07-27-2005, 01:17 PM
This will be my first time at a quad national. I was wondering what they check for at the inspection? I think i know most of the basics, but i am not sure about when they check for width. I have my rear set at 49 3/4, but my front end is over 50 inches when i sit on it. Can you have your mechanic there to pick up on the bumber so you can fit through? And I dont want to make the shocks any stiffer

hardkoratvmxr
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
no you cant have your mechanic pick upo on it but i think your mechanic can drive it through tech inspection

zeke83
07-27-2005, 02:03 PM
well i could make it fit through by adjusting my shocks. Do they check right before we go on the line? And if they do can you make any quick adjustments?

250xridamatt
07-27-2005, 03:41 PM
What front end are you using that puts you over 50?

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 04:10 PM
At tech they check to see if you have pins in your hub nuts, Make sure you have front and rear number plates, kill switch works, and nerfs are properly installed, and you ride through a little gate thing that is 50 inches wide, if you get cought or dont get through, you dont pass Tech inspection.

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by zeke83
well i could make it fit through by adjusting my shocks. Do they check right before we go on the line? And if they do can you make any quick adjustments?

Tech inspection is Friday after practice.

So you can adjust your shocks to fit through then re-adjust them friday night. Also, spray WD-40 on your tires so they can slide through easier.

ramp rida 55
07-27-2005, 06:29 PM
me and my buddy are going up

#26 #54 amateur classes

JRDrider22
07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Tech inspection is Friday after practice.

So you can adjust your shocks to fit through then re-adjust them friday night. Also, spray WD-40 on your tires so they can slide through easier.

yea the wd 40 worked for me.. also if you have axis or any shock..push the clip down a lot on the shock. that also works

zeke83
07-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Do they have tech inspection right after you get off the track from practice or do they let you go back to your pit?

These may seem like stupid questions but up here in NY its mostly run what ya brung at the district races

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by zeke83
Do they have tech inspection right after you get off the track from practice or do they let you go back to your pit?

These may seem like stupid questions but up here in NY its mostly run what ya brung at the district races

Tech is usually open for a few hours. You will have plenty of time to make it up.

Warnerade
07-27-2005, 08:06 PM
i went through tech on saturday morning at redbud....my rear tires got hung up somehow...so i went back to my trailer, took them from 5 lbs (my normal pressure) to like, 20 lbs...and slipped right through, went back to my trailer...let the air back out...and watched the motos.

for me..they only checked for a front and rear number plate, kill switch, nerf bars, and the spreader bar.

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
yea you can also go to Tech Saturday morning. But they only hold that for late arrivals. One thing i have learned from goin to all the Nats. is that they hate when you wait untill Saturday morning to go to tech..

Warnerade
07-27-2005, 08:15 PM
well..i dont think they cared, becuase on friday, during the 3rd run around the practice schedule..it began to poor down rain, very hard.