PDA

View Full Version : Modern version of the Birds & the Bees

Foxyangel0425
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?"

The father answers: "Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway! Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a blessed little Pop-Up appeared and said: You've Got Male!"

trick450r
07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
ummm haha...:huh :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
07-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I've always wondered about the "Birds & the Bees".

Yes, I know about sex, thank you very much.

What I DON'T know is the original version of Birds and Bees. How do birds and bees relate to sex? Why in the world is it called "Birds & the Bees"? Were birds and bees uses as examples? Metaphors?

Why is it called the "Birds & the Bees", and not "The Stinkbugs and the Wombats"?

hardkoratvmxr
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
The Stinkbugs and the Wombats

haha good one wilkins otherwise pretty good

DeerNuts
07-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I dont know either. I found this and went:huh Not a very good explanation I dont think. Tell me if you think it makes sense.

Dear M.:

Don't feel bad. Nobody explained it to me, either, and I must say I made quite an impression that first night with the honey and feathers. But now I'm hip. The significance of the birds and bees isn't what they do, it's simply that they do it, "it," naturally, being a tussle in the tumbleweeds, or wherever it is that the lower orders engage in sex. As such it's the perfect euphemism for a culture so prudish that even publishers of girlie magazines used to airbrush out the pubic hair.

Where exactly "the birds and the bees" originated nobody knows, but word sleuths William and Mary Morris hint that it may have been inspired by words like these from the poet Samuel Coleridge: "All nature seems at work ... The bees are stirring--birds are on the wing ... and I the while, the sole unbusy thing, not honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing." Making honey, pairing ... yes, we can definitely tell what Sam had on his mind.

The Morrises offer the theory that schools in years past taught about sex by "telling how birds do it and how bees do it and trusting that the youngsters would get the message by indirection." Right. Luckily for the perpetuation of the species, there's always been Louie in the schoolyard to explain how things really worked.

--CECIL ADAMS