PDA

View Full Version : Couple 38mm AS questions. (2 stroke)

Evan
06-02-2002, 08:29 PM
I know there are a few R riders on this board so if you could help me I would appreciate it. Ok first what is the difference in the airstryker and the regular 38mm? How can you tell them apart? Where can you get the throttle cable to fit the 38mm? Who sells them, and there website or number would help. Also I had trouble fitting the airboot onto the carb, is there anyone that makes a larger airboot? There is no way that the carb will fit in the boot and use the same clamp. And if anyone could tell me what they recoomend what jetting to run with a PC pipe, no airbox lid, bored .30 over, v-force reeds, 400-500 feet altitude, 70-90 degrees. 177main is in it I belive. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated

airheadedduner
06-02-2002, 08:58 PM
The difference between the AS and a regular 38 is I beleive the AS has fins or a special shape or something in the carb bore. It delivers fuel/air at a much higher intake velocity. High intake velocity=better acceleration. I would email LRD or Sudco for AS parts. LRD was always been happy to provide me with jetting specs for my bike. They can probly help you and are quick to respond. Hope that helps.